Dress classy, dance cheesy

By Gem - 19:16:00

I went out for a gnagnam style themed birthday on the weekend and had no idea what to wear. I'm old now and this fad has passed me by but apparently you need to dress classy and dance cheesy so I thought this black ASOS dress fitted the brief perfectly. I used a unidays discount code on this dress which meant it was only about £22 which isn't bad considering most dresses are about £35+ now. Remember the days when dresses in Primark were about £8 and a nice Topshop dress was £25... My night out involved lots of cheesy dancing and I didn't look quite so classy when I got home after a few gins and chips ;)

Black mesh dress

Dress: ASOS
Boots: eBay
Necklace: Topshop
(excuse the lack of skirting board, renovation still in progress)

topshop gold and silver necklace

I did a little (quite a lot, more things to show you in the week) lunch time online shopping on Friday and treated myself to some new underwear. Boux Avenue is were I get 80% of my bras. They have some great 50% off sales and I managed to pick both of these up for about a tenner each.

IMG_0281

Delivery is cheap, or free if you pick it up from store and they sell a great selection in DD+ bras so it's one of my favourite stores. Gift wrapping is free and I will be using this when I buy my mum pyjamas for Christmas.

boux avenue

                        
There are so many sales on at the moment and a huge student lock in at St David's in Cardiff tomorrow so I can tell that I'm going to be strapped for cash at the end of the month!                                                                          
                                                               
                                                       
                               

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Oh hello beaut! This is lovely. The necklace really makes it too. Super thin and beauitful at the moment <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The necklaceis amazing :] you look stunning lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace! It really makes the dress. I wouldn't have a clue how to dress 'gangnam style' either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't normally splash out on a overpriced topshop necklace but I loved this one and it has a cord necklace that wont get tarnished. Hopefully it will last for ages.

      Delete
  4. Gemma, you look delicious! Truly do!
    Can't beat a few chips at the end of the night ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice, loving that necklace xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole combination is fab!

    http://thefashionmeteorologist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the necklace, it really stands out. I've never tried Boux Avenue, but keep hearing such good things xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are fab, they have a good 50% off sale at the moment with lots of pretty pastel things x

      Delete
  8. you look gorgeous gem! i would've had no idea what to wear on a gangnam style night out either lol! love your necklace. i am obsessed with boux avenue lingerie, wish had the money to buy more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sale is pretty good at the moment! gangnam style was a tricky theme, all the boys wore blazers and bow ties which looked very smart xx

      Delete
  9. I love this dress on you and Boux Avenue is one of my favourite places to buy underwear!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress and the necklace look gorgeous together! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous & tiny! Glad you had a nice night lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am gob smacked at how much weight you have lost! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen you for aaages! - 6 stone now x

      Delete
  13. Very, very pretty.
    Gin and chips sounds perfect! I could do with that right now if I hadn't had my Friday red wine last night, oops!

    le fresne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.