Our Boys - Trip to London

By Gem - 15:21:00

I had such a wonderful time in London yesterday, it would be great if all Saturdays could be like that. I got the 7.30am coach from Cardiff (it felt wrong to be up that early on a Saturday) and spent the entire day in Covent Garden.
I wore my new dress that I mentioned in this post. It has a lovely big collar which you can't really see in the photo and it is the perfect length. Why are dresses all so short now? I also wore my new hat which I was a little self conscious in, not sure if I'm a hat person.

topshop collar embroidery dress

Dress: Topshop
Bag: eBay
Hat: H&M
Shoes: flat shoes Clarks

I went to the Primrose Bakery for the first time and had a lovely chocolate and vanilla cupcake. Going to try the lime and coconut next time.
Primrose Bakery

I did a little shopping and spent way too much money in Lush before heading to the Duchess Theatre to catch the matinee performance of Our Boys. Our Boys was about Six young soldiers recovering from injuries incurred in the line of duty. The casting was brilliant and it starred Cian Barry, Jolyon Coy, Arthur Darvill, Laurence Fox, Matthew Lewis and Lewis Reeves.
Laurence Fox gave a particularly good performance as a IRA bomb victim whose mental scars are only revealed at the end. The play is well worth checking out if you can get to London and you can pick up some cheap day tickets when the box office opens each day.
 
blog 048

As a bit of a crazy Dr Who and Harry Potter fan I was obviously there to see Arthur Darvill (Rory in Dr Who) and Matthew Lewis (Neville in Harry Potter)

Arthur Darvill

I met all the cast at the stage door and they were all very charming. Matthew Lewis felt like his performance wasn't as good as the others in the cast but he had nothing to worry about. I tried to play it cool but I was so excited to meet Arthur Darvill.

I headed off to Byron Burger to calm my nerves after meeting Darvill, pretty sure I was having palpitations. I'm a bit obsessed with Byron burgers after trying them at Bestival and I wasn't disappointed when I had one in one of their restaurants. The courgette fries were amazing, going to try and make these myself at home.

Byron Burger

Going to see Our Boys has got me thinking about what play I'm going to see next. Currently on the lookout for cheap tickets to see Peter and Alice with Ben Whishaw and Judi Dench. Got any recommendations for what I should go and see next?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Love the outfit - I think the hat really suits you! Glad you had fun in London :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARRRGH, you met Rory!!!! Too jealous. Matt Smith came to my work last week - my heart was pounding just looking at him! :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually die on the spot if I saw Matt Smith or spoke to him. Love him and his big weird face. Phwoar.

      Delete
  3. Aww it sounds like you had an amazing time! I'd love to see Ben Whishaw on stage, so excited to see him as Q in Skyfall!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is just perfect at everything he does. Bright Star is my favourite film ever.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing, I will have to try and see it!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new dress is hot. And your hat. And you for that matter!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks amazing! Honestly it's made me hungry. I love the theatre, I've neever been to one in London but Blackpoolhas 2 really nice theatres xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfect day out, definitely my kind of saturday! love the dress and you are a hat person, wear it proudly! i love the theatre i have seen a lot of musicals though, on my hit list is woman in black i hear its excellent! xoxo
    p.s. next time find your way to wardour st off oxford st for the Humming Bird Bakery! they do the best red velvet cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I've been to the one in South Kensington, loove the red velvet and balck bottom cakes mmmm x

      Delete
  8. that hat and dress combo is so super cute! and that cake looks delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arthur Darvill! Oh how I'm going to miss Rory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to say you look fab :) have been looking through your blog and you are an inspiration with your weight loss :) ive just started to lose weight finding it mega hard at the moment!!!




    http://emmygrace8.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw thanks Emily, if you really want to do it you will succeed :) take a look at my other blog Where Are My Knees where we offer supports and tips for a healthier lifestyle x

      Delete
  11. Ah what a lovely day, cupcakes and a show, what more could a girl need! I think Billie Piper is also in a play, might be a good one to go and see xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to try the primrose bakery cupcakes out - just to compare them to hummingbird! Should do a taste-off haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primrose icing is nicer and I like the violet cakes but the cake is a little drier. The red velvet is apparently way better in the Hummingbird too.

      Delete
  13. Lovely dress, you look really pretty. I'm jealous you can carry off that hat, AND I'm mega mega jealous you met Arthur Darvill! Woww perfect day indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like such a good day in London, I really want to visit Covent Garden again sometime soon. Did you visit CK? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing! looks like so much fun! :)
    also, loving the hat - you rock it! I bought one too recently ;)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got an amazing recipe for courgette fries if you are in need of one. I pretty much sit and eat the whole entire batch as soon as they come out of the oil. eeeeep! oh well, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.