Leamington Spa - Sugar Coma

By Gem - 15:57:00

I'm currently on a post Leamington Spa comedown or in sugar coma, not sure which one. Don't think I've managed to consume that amount of cake and sugary cocktails in one weekend before.

I'd had a pretty hectic week as term started last Monday and it's been crazy in the library so I was really looking forward to my weekend away. After a relaxing train journey Sarah took us all to a pretty little shop called Berylune that stocks some amazing trinkets and vintage home ware and accessories. I really think Sarah should relocate to Wales and become my official cake provider because her Victoria sponge was amazing.

IMG_0199


After chowing down on cake and drinking at least five cups of tea we headed back to our hotel which is probably the fanciest Travelodge I've ever stayed in. Queen Victoria stayed there and it's a bit of a shame that its just a Travelodge now but the hallways are still very pretty.

IMG_0201

We all enjoyed cocktails and food in Wagamama. I had my new favourite, the firecracker which is seriously spicy. My eyes were watering at one point, avoid if you can't handle chillies! It was great to catch up with all the girls over dinner and we made our way to a couple of bars before heading to an interesting club called Moo. We witnessed some of the most unusual dancing I have ever seen there and busted some of our own moves on the dance floor.

IMG_0202

Group shot (minus me and Sophie) with Aisling, Sarah, Rosie, Katy, Kim, Char, Lauren and Hannah.

IMG_0205

On Sunday morning we headed to Vinteas for afternoon tea (technically my breakfast, how very healthy of me!) I managed (with no difficulty) to devour a delicious selection of sandwiches, quiche, scones and a meringue filled with ganache and dusted with coconut mmmmm.

IMG_0209

IMG_0208

Just wanted to thank Sarah for planning the weekend and all the girls who came for putting up with my non stop chatter ;)

where are my knees

It was also the first time that all of Team Where Are My Knees have been assembled. We decided who was going to be the final member of the team this weekend. You can find out who that is and take a look at our new design here.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Oooh that Victoria Sponge looks so yum! <3 Love seeing pics of bloggers I adore all together - looks like everyone had a fab time. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fun time...I hope I get to meet some bloggers in person at some point soon, although I think I'd be really shy!! :-S

    Sarah's cake looks amazing, making me hungry!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep an eye out for meet ups on twitter :)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a great weekend :) The afternoon tea looks lovely!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures - those scones look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm suddenly very, very hungry... Looks like you all had a great time!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake looks so good!
    Are you doing/ have you done another south wales blogger meet up?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you all had such a good weekend! The cake looks lush! S xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that food looks amazing! Yum yum yum. I'm now craving wagamamas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great weekend, love the fact all the Where Are My Knees team were together. I really wish I could come to a blogger meet one day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so tasty! :-)
    New follower for where are my knees too!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw man it looks like you all had such a great time, I WISH I WAS THERE!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh it was so lovely to meet you gemma! literally, you are now my queen of wagamama's! anytime I now go there, I'll be sure to ask you of your recommendations ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pitcure of my conk there haha! I honestly had the best weekend and can't wait until Wales!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHA! I told you I always look a dick whilst trying to look 'cool' Fantastic weekend with great friends, can't wait til we all get together again in Wales xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you had a great time! That cake looks so so good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww it looks like you had such a lovely weekend!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness all this food looks insane! those scones, wow! really fancy one right now. looks like you all had a lovely time xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my days this looks amazing, I'm actually dribbling at the food! My perfect weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my that cake looks good, hope you all had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.