#MyCelticXmas - Festive Afternoon Tea at The Celtic Manor

By Gem - 20:00:00

On Saturday I was lucky enough to attend the first ever blogger event at The Celtic Manor Resort. It was an exclusive preview of their Christmas Afternoon Tea which was totally delicious and a really fun experience. It was also a launch event for their new blog which will feature guest posts from South Wales based bloggers and be a place you can go to see behind the scenes at the resort.

On arrival we were greeted with a glass of bubbly and led in to a very festive room. We go to learn a little more about the resort and Karl the Pastry Chef explained what went into making the afternoon tea and the inspiration behind the food. They normally serve 100 afternoon teas a week but in the build up to Christmas they serve an average of 250 - 300 festive afternoon teas. That's a lot of cake!


The food was absolutely divine and we given some delicious finger sandwiches, Caerphilly cheese & leek tartlets, miniature brioche with prawns and a miniature bagel with smoked salmon. 

The savoury treats were all amazing but there was more... A Penderyn whiskey and marmalade festive Bara Brith, Celtic Manor mince pies, a white chocolate Christmas pudding truffle. I was feeling pretty stuffed by this point so I took home the top tier of the stand which included pistachio marzipan cones, toasted sweet chestnut bouche Noel and glacé cherry & apricot Florentine.



We were also served a afternoon tea staple, scones with jam and clotted cream. Ours had a little twist and contained candied citrus peel.


The mulled wine was to die for and came served in a tea pot with a Christmas cosy, how cute is that?


I would highly recommend the afternoon tea here, the surroundings were beautiful and relaxed and I loved how the menu was inspired by Wales and used Welsh ingredients. 


I tried to dress for the occasion and wore my dress with a  tea pot and tea cup print on it and my favourite old Topshop shoes.



I want to thank India and Jess from the marketing team at the Celtic Manor for hosting such a lovely event. I had a great time and it was nice to chat and relax with some blogging pals in such lovely surroundings.

If you want to enoy the festive afternoon tea yourself it will be served from 1st - 24th December.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Caerphily cheese and leek tartlets need to get into my belly!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that all looks absolutely delicious!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this all looks incredible! Want! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a lovely day, I can't get over how much I enjoyed that Mulled Wine - definitely need to try the one from Lidl you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What a lovely event!

    I also can't get over what a small world it is. We went to the same school, although not sure if you remember me! You look fantastic by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember you! Just found you on twitter :) xx

      Delete
  6. oh those prawn mini brioches... yummers in my tummers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love going for afternoon tea, but I really like the Christmas spin on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that food looks totally amazing and you look gorgeous too! It's so lovely to get invited to blogger events and get treated really nicely isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this all looks amazing, you looked stunning, it looked like you all had an amazing time. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.