Outfit post - Boohoo Plus

By Gem - 11:37:00


T-shirt: Boohoo Plus - Boots: Primark - Skirt: ASOS - Bracelet: Alexander McQueen

I haven't posted an outfit for around 6 weeks, I'm going to have to rename this blog Fat Travels or Fat Cooks a lot. It's always too dark or raining to take nice photos in the UK at the moment so no whimsical photos in a field sorry, you get photos in my bedroom where the camera is balanced on a pile of books. I've been wearing this outfit a lot on weekends recently. I tend to stick to the librarian who wears a lot of Joules look in work but try to be a bit more casual on weekends. I can't recommend this skirt enough, it's super heavy and the perfect length. All skater skirts are indecently short at the moment (maybe I'm just getting old?) so I treated myself to this more demure ASOS midi.


I don't wear this bracelet enough, it was a impulse sale purchase a few years ago and I'm trying to get the cost per wear down a little. Pairing it with my new favourite outfit means it's getting out of its box more frequently.


Trying to find cheap boots that fit my wide feet is a yearly nightmare for me. Wide fit shoes tend to be ugly and aimed at a 50yr old + market so I snapped these wide fit Primark beauties up as son as I saw them. 


I've got my arms out! I never get my arms out. I'm learning to embrace my bingo wings.


I've been posting loads of photos over on instagram recently so if you like photos of cake and other calorific food head over there to take a look. Instagram tends to get all the moments that aren't big enough to get a blog post. Leave your instagram name below if you use it, I'm always looking for new people to follow.


I've got posts about my trip to Bath and a day out in Cathays Park, Cardiff coming up later this week so keep en eye out for those.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I have the same problem with boots! Will have to hunt down that Primark pair and give them a go!

    // Oh Dollymix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the boots. I have a wide feet too, so I totally understand the problem with finding a nice pair of shoes which actually fit, are comfortable and look good - all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots & the colour of your skirt - perfect autumnal shade! (:

    L x

    www.loulabeth.co.uk // bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking this outfit :)

    I've realised that 90% of my instagram photos are of food, but if you fancy that then i'm @carolinejkelsey

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found you on there :) food photos are the best!

      Delete
  5. I find that keeping my jewellery in it's boxes makes me forget what i have and then less likely to wear it. I started keeping my rings on a plate and it's sort of easier to see what's going on and find something to go with an outfit when I'm about to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely true, I've still got a jewellery box at my mums too. So easy to forget what you have.

      Delete
  6. Love this outfit! The skirt colour is amazing and I love the boots too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, I really love that skirt, the colour is just gorgeous.

    #UKBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt is such a lovely colour and so perfect for autumn and winter! C

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look absolutely fab!

    I love your bracelet so much and funnily enough, I have nearly the exact same skirt! :) Beautiful.

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the top! I've not ordered anything from the boohoo plus range yet but I might give it a go
    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this skirt! Never brave enough to wear a midi skirt - I know what you mean about skater skirts being short though. Sort of defeats the point if you can't move in them for risk of flashing your pants!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm those cakes look yummy! I don't know who they think wears wide fit shoes, but yes, they are definitely all frumpy looking, low heeled, clompy things! I'm seeing more and more BooHoo Plus stuff that I like, definitely need to place an order and try them for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.