Your Christmas Treat with St David's

By Gem - 00:28:00

I was tasked with finding the perfect party outfit for the festive season for under £100 by the team at St David's Shopping Centre in Cardiff. There are some great shops in the centre for finding glamorous dresses for sophisticated parties like John Lewis and Coast but my work Christmas party involves going to the pub and trying a new burger restaurant in Cardiff. Burgers and a posh frock aren't the best mix so I wanted to look for something comfortable but dressy.

I stretched my £100 budget to the max and managed to find three outfits that take me from day to night.

This is my outfit for my evening in the pub:


I paired a smart dress in festive red with a bold and sparkly statement necklace. I could wear this dress to work and then quickly change and add the necklace before heading to the pub with my colleagues. 


My day time outfit is a Christmas jumper with a skater skirt. I'm definitely going to wear this on the last day of term before we finish work for the Christmas break. I like that this is quite a subtle Christmas jumper which makes it more work appropriate. I'm also going to be packing this for my trip to Budapest, it's the perfect jumper for a wander around the Christmas market there on a chilly night. 


I found some festive PJs in Primark and the set was only £8, bargain! I spend a lot of my Christmas break watching movies in my PJs and these are so cosy and warm, I'll be wearing them all the time.


I had just enough money in my budget to get a little something for Martyn. We can both look festive now. 


Dress - New Look  - £22.99
Jumper - New Look £24.99
Necklace - New Look - £6.99
Skirt - New Look - £12.99
PJs - Primark  - £8
Boots - Primark - £15
Jumper - Peacocks - £11

Total = £101.96

If you spend £100 or more between 6pm and 8pm Monday to Friday, from 10th to 28th November in St David's like I did you’ll receive a £10 Christmas gift card from St David’s. You can treat yourself to cosmetics, a warming latte or light lunch or simply kick start your Christmas shopping.


All you need to do to qualify for your free £10 gift card is:
  • Spend £100 or more at any of the shops in St David’s during the hours of 6pm and 8pm in one evening, Monday – Friday between 10th and 28th November
  • Visit the Reward Station located on the lower level of the centre with your receipts on the night that you shopped and you’ll be rewarded with a £10 St David’s gift card ‘A Treat by St David’s’
  • The value of £100 can be reached by using no more than 4 receipts (excluding those from restaurants and cafés in the centre)
  • Receipts which include the use of a £10 Christmas Treat Gift Card are not valid for use in this promotion
  • The gift card is valid from the day of collection until Christmas Eve (December 24th)
  • 1 x gift card per household per night.
If you're not sure what to spend your £10 gift card on check out the St David's blog because they have put together a post giving you plenty of ideas.

How did I do with the shopping challenge? Are you feeling festive yet?

*St David's supplied me with a gift voucher to take part in the challenge

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I cannot believe you got all that for just over a hundred pounds! I need to move to the UK stat!! I love the festive jumper the most, so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think you did really well with your voucher - what a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that for under £100! Wow that is amazing, well done you. As it happens I love those PJs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas tree looks gorgeous, can't wait to put mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of them look so good and what a great Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Gem you did so well, you need to be my personal shopper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I can do a dash around Cwbran for you any time you like ;)

      Delete
  7. Three outfits for £100, that's great value for money and they all look great! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, I kind of wanted to buy one amazing dress but will get a lot of wear from the separate outfits x

      Delete
  8. You did really well with your budgets and used it well.I love the red christmas jumper best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these looks that jumper and that red dress are BEAUTIFUL!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love all these outfits!! i can't believe you got all these lovely pieces for under £100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the shopping queen! Can't believe you managed to nab all of that for such decent prices. The dress looks beaut on you, too, which always helps! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.