Pettigrew Tea Rooms and Shellys Shoes

By Gem - 11:03:00

After a crazy weekend I had a few lazy days off work to enjoy and tried to make the most of the good weather by heading into Cardiff for a spot of tea and shopping. I bought my friend Sarah (the one I go to Torquay with) a voucher for afternoon tea at Pettigrew Tea Rooms for her birthday. I always try and get something like gig tickets or an experience for someones birthday so they can try something new and it means we get to spend time together, bonus.

The tea rooms are a fairly recent addition to Cardiff and are in the refurbished West Lodge in Bute park, next to Cardiff Castle. David the owner blogged about the refurbishment and opening of this new business over on I Want to Bake Free.

Cardiff Castle

Cardiff is rather pretty isn't it?

Cardiff Castle Wall

I've been to the tea rooms a handful of times before so I knew I would be in for a treat. You get freshly baked scones (a choice of fruit or plain) a selection of sandwiches (brie and chutney are my favourites) a pot of tea and a choice of delicious cakes.

IMG_2777

I opted for the raspberry and coconut cake which was a wise choice but the pecan topped one looked equally as lovely so I may have to pop back and get some cake to take away. All the cakes and bread are baked on site unlike a lot of coffee shops in Cardiff that buy theirs in.

Pettigrew Tea rooms

I wanted to dress like a lady for the occasion so ditched my jersey dresses and converse in favour of this polka dot number and some mental shoes.

IMG_2783

Dress: ASOS
Brooch: Topshop
Shoes: Shellys c/o Spartoo

IMG_2790

Alex has these shoes in Black and I had been lusting after them for aaages so I tore open the box on the day they arrived and wore them straight away. I may have to get the black ones too. I want to wear these to work, the pub and just about everywhere but they aren't that practical.

IMG_2800

I really fancy some cake now, anyone want to take me to Pettigrew Tea Rooms this afternoon?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love this outfit, perfect for afternoon tea! I love the "G" brooch too, so lovely :)
    I just LOVE any tea rooms, they always make me smile and perfect to snap away too many photos.
    Let go for tea & cake now?
    xx

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please :) always got time for tea, cake and Steph xx

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit, the brooch is amazing! I love Brie and chutney too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the mental ! Sometimes you just need to go for it.
    I went to Cardiff last weekend, what a coincidence. Shame I didn't know about these tea rooms, I am a homemade cake fiend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw that's a shame, have to put it on your list of places to visit when you come again.

      Delete
  4. I love Pettigrew tea rooms, I have you to thank for introducing me!

    Fab outfit, the shoes are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so lovely there, we all need to go at some point. Lets do a little Cardiff get together :)

      Delete
  5. Great Thong sandals Pink Snake (Just Cavalli) 47.5011 GBP £ (55,00 €)

    Buy From Here : http://fashionstreetnews.blogspot.com/2013/07/thong-sandals-pink-snake-5500.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooft those cakes are making my belly rumble! I'm with you on the birthday/experiences thing, memories are much better than bath salts. ♥ Claire at Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOf those cakes! Yummy! Getting people experiences for birthdays is one of my favourite things, lovely and personal.
    I love your initial brooch <3

    I nominated you for the sunshine award in my blog this week :) XX

    http://shellingtonboot.blogspot.de/2013/07/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell, heading over to take a look :)

      Delete
  9. Adore this outfit! Looks like a lovely day out too :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.