Torquay & Brixham

By Gem - 11:51:00

I shared a few snaps from my trip away in my last post but I got a little snap happy and have loads more for you. My friends Sarah and Katilea came as always and our mate Karen joined us this year too. Going to Torquay for a weekend is turning in to an annual thing now and we have little traditions we follow each year. I always have to make a mix CD for the journey there with lots of classic cheesy pop hits, we all get new PJs and sing Ironic at karaoke in the club house.

We stay at Widdicombe Farm in Sarah's parents caravan and spend most of our evenings there in the caravan, outside having a BBQ or in the club house embarrassing ourselves in front of OAPs on karaoke. It's a lovely site with new facilities, you can pitch a tent there too and I can highly recommend it.

We visited the very pretty Brixham on the Saturday, it's one of my favourite towns to spend the afternoon in. People first settled here in Saxon times and William Prince of Orange landed in Brixham in 1688 during the 'Glorious Revolution' so plenty of history to soak up.

IMG_2472

Isn't it pretty?

IMG_2459

Spot of afternoon tea with plenty of clotted cream mmm.

IMG_2462


We took a trip over to Torquay on a ferry for just £2 return, best £2 I've ever spent. We had glorious weather, the staff were lovely and it was a great way to spend a couple of hours. It was so warm when I was there and I didn't pack any appropriate shoes. I should have packed some flat shoes like these tatoosh ones.

IMG_2522IMG_2466

It took me ages to notice the really silly thing in this photo, Sarah's dad is so funny.

IMG_2540

On the second day we headed down to Torquay beach with some magazines and relaxed in the sun.

IMG_2541

I had a little paddle in the freezing cold water and enjoyed one of my childhood favourites, a strawberry split. I always have the best time with my Caravan Club girls, can't wait for CVC14.

IMG_2545


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Ah Gem I wish I was part of caravan club haha sounds like fun!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be a honorary member :) bloggers caravan trip soon? xx

      Delete
  2. I went to brixham last year with my family and we're going again next week !! It's such a lovely place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo nice there, wish I had more time to go and sample some of the seafood x

      Delete
  3. I love Brixham and Torquay. I really want to live in one of the coloured houses!
    Great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Paignton (the town between Brixham & Torquay!) Glad you had a good time - the weather makes all the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like such a fun time, so good you got gorgeous weather too! Love the shell pic and the pretty houses :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah this looks lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures - looks like you had a fab time!
    Brixham, Paignton and Torquay are all brilliant - we often stay at Brixham Holiday Park at Fishcombe Cove and walk round the cliff through Brixham Battery Gardens. We know the people who run the Rio Fish Restaurant as well so we always pop in there for fish and chips! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks like so much fun, I want some clotted cream now!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never really explored the south coast, but these snaps look soooo lovely! UK summer holidays are definitely underrated, when I was little it was all about Tenby and North Yorkshire :) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, bloggers trip down south next year? Tenby is lush, I had a few hols there too xx

      Delete
  10. I love love love that black and red floral dress! Where is it from? Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww this is SO lovely :) I love your friend's dad and I love the aerial shot on the beach at the end. Looks like you had a lovely time :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.