Birthday Dress Wishlist

By Gem - 15:33:00

I'm right in the middle of a major dress dilemma. I want some dresses for my birthday weekend but I'm not sure if I want something summery because my birthday is in August or something more practical which will take me through to Autumn. I think I'm being swayed by all the lovely dresses in the sales at the moment and can't focus  on one or two. I'm going for a day out in Bath and meal in Cardiff Bay in the evening and Sunday lunch and a beer garden the next day so lots of conflicting requirements.

I've narrowed it down to the following dresses:

summer dresses

The bold floral dress would be perfect for Saturday night in a nice restaurant before heading on to a bar in Cardiff Bay. I lore the retro shape and I don't own anything with this print and in this shape. It's very Summery and will push me out of my comfort zone a little.

Loving this pretty and practical dress from Bank, great for the day out in Bath and I would get lots of wear from it. It would be very comfortable and jersey material is flattering when you've had quite a large meal ;) This work work equally as well in the winter with tights, boots and a biker jacket.

The feminine Ted Baker dress is gorgeous, very floaty and ladylike. It's on sale at Box Clothing which I normally associate with menswear but they also stock some ladies clothing and this dress is £135 instead of the original price of £299! It's got a lovely bow and flower embellishment which you can't really see in the photos and an underskirt so it's nice and full. Very tempted by a few other dresses on that site from the Pretty Dress Company too.


black and white dress

Sarah (amilliondresses) has got me (and a few others) lusting after Emily & Fin dresses and I found this beauty in the ASOS sale. I love the full shape and bow detail on the waist. It's a great length and great quality.

The next dress is black, leopard print and has a little collar. It's even called the Gem
dress, prefect for me... except it isn't a skater dress shape booo. Shift dresses are just too tight on my stomach but maybe I just need to try it on and hope for the best.

The final dress is from Dorothy Perkins and love the collar. It would be great with heels for my birthday weekend but would be great for work with flats and a cardi.

Which do you like best? Got any other suggestions for me?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love the second dress, think you could get a lot of wear out of that one!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that first one it would look amazong on you and that 4th one is one I have :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right in the middle of a major dress dilemma. I want some dresses for my birthday weekend but I'm not sure if I want something summery because my birthday is in August or something more practical which will take me through to Autumn. 21st birthday dresses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.