Primadonna girl, All I ever wanted was the world

By Gem - 17:38:00

It's been another week of going out and shopping for me, some things never change!
I feel like I've wasted the sunny days by being inside shopping or listing things on eBay but I managed to enjoy a few cocktails out on Mill Lane in Cardiff this weekend and get out and about meeting a few friends for coffee. It has been manic in the library where I work because lots of people have dissertations due in and are taking books out for the Easter holidays. Can't wait to have a four day weekend next week and head off to Manchester. Beyond excited for my trip, planning what I'm wearing already and where I'm going for an afternoon tea.

Here are a selection of grainy phone photos from my weekend (never seem to have my camera on me when I'm doing something fun!)

going out, navy blue asos dress,

Went out for a friends birthday on Saturday and ended up in Metros, which is a slightly dodgy club that has really cheap drinks and plays rock and pop punk. Had a blast! I wore my favourite ASOS navy lace dress and my brooch from Rose Tinted Vintage and Revlon Pink About It lipstick.

boux avenue, game of thrones, english breakfast

I treated myself so some new undies in the very lovely Boux Avenue store in Cardiff this weekend, indulged in some hangover breakfast and have been reading more of A Song of Fire and Ice in my garden.

new dresses, primark, vero moda, new look

I've just sold about ten dresses on ebay and most of my clothes don't fit me anymore so I've been on a bit of a spending spree splashing out on lots of dresses.
The first one is from New Look via ebay and only cost £6, it still had the tags on. The stripey jersey one was a bargain at £8 in Primark and the lace one was £15 from there too. The Navy dress with a collar is from Vero Moda. I have more than enough to keep me going but I bought this Republic dress on ebay for £5 too.
I'm thinking it will look nice with my biker jacket and some black tights, all the money I made on ebay has been spent already!

republic dress

I'm going to Ladies Night along with some of my favourite south Wales bloggers tomorrow to take advantage of lots of discounts and beauty demonstrations. It's a shame I don't get paid until the next day but I might pop into New Look and Boux Avenue and I'm on the lookout for a good blusher brush, any recommendations?


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. The dresses you have chosen look geat I love the stripey one. :]
    How are you doing with finding wellies. I found some ones that fitted me in RiverIsland in the end. I've also now got some ankle ones that I love. I've also tried plain blackones on in the shoe market - they are really wide and fitted with room. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not good but the ankle type ones sound good, hadn't really thought about those but even when it rained the last time I was at Reading I didn't need knee high ones so they would be great. Less heavy to walk around in too xx

      Delete
  2. Love those dresses that you've bought, that blue lace one from Primark looks so pretty for summer! Looks like you're having fun in the sun as well! and tha ladies night looks good, can I come!? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should come! well maybe not if you live in Scotland, would be a bit of a journey. Loads of store discounts and goodies on the night :)

      Delete
  3. I love them all, you look lovely in the last picture! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the new dresses, especially the Vera Moda one. I keep thinking about selling some clothes on ebay, I'm overdue a big clear out!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels so good to have a clear out, out with the old and in with the new :)

      Delete
  5. I love the new dresses, the floral one and polka dot dress are my favorites. You look fabulous.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honeysuckelle, going to wear the floral one to a BBQ this weekend I think x

      Delete
  6. Lovely new dresses :) I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, I too may head over to Boux Avenue and treat myself to a new bra, depending on if I can be-bothered to have a fitting, normally I don't bother buying one cause I can't be bothered with stripping off! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice in Boux Avenue Leanne! I will take you over, they have goodie bags too. The lovely lady on the weekend said there will be bubbly too. Bubbly and pretty bras, perfect! xx

      Delete
  7. ooh i own two of those dresses :) you look like a right babe in that last pic gem! the real techniques blusher brush is really soft & lovely, deffo recommend it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ;) ooh will google that real techniques one now... was thinking MAC because I've used a friends one but real techniques is only £9.99 and 3 for 2 in Boots at the moment xx

      Delete
  8. Oh you got some really cute dresses there! Love the New look and the Vero moda one. I shall be at the St Davids event too! Maybe see you there, taking my mum and sis along!!

    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking great! :D
    I use the topshop blusher brush every day, couldn't do without it! :)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that republic dress is gorgeous! Love the stripy one too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the best social life Gem! I have the stripy jersey dress and it's fab, hardly been off my bod! Didn't see the lace one in Primark, might have to go back and have another look. Oh it's a hard life ;)
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I really want to treat myself to some things from Boux Avenue too, I've heard lots of people say they're great! I'm exactly the same when it comes to ebay haha, as soon as I sell one dress I buy another one to replace it! That stripy Primark one looks lovely and perfect for summer.

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Republic dress! I always love spending the money I've made on eBay on eBay, that way it's guilt free bidding xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to Metro's when I was down in Cardiff for the grand slam! I love dodgy places :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new dresses - especially the republic number! Uber sexy! You're looking fab xxx

    Lauren
    alittlelessoflauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear...I have many memories of Metro's from my uni days....lots of fun though! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.