90s

#ldnlunch and the worst Nicky Wire impersonator you have ever seen...

By Gem - 16:13:00

Better late than never...
I never take any photos when I go to blogger meetups and ldnlunch was no exception. I was far too busy chatting and drinking cocktails to take photos so I waited for these ones to surface. It was lovely to just meet up with people I speak to on a daily basis on twitter and have some lunch. No big event, just some drinks and good conversation. Perfect.

I travelled down to London with the lovely Lowri from Cardiff and we met up with a big group in Topshop for a bit of retail therapy. I manged to resist and only bought some body glitter for the party I was going to in the night and a huge Lola's cupcake in Selfridges to eat on the train back.



Charlotte took this lovely group shot




I love this photo of me Lowri and Sarah that Sophie took. I love spending time with Sarah, I pester her most days with links to dresses and moan to her about Weight Watchers. Sarah is the best!


I want to say a big thank you to Eloise, Sophie and Claire for organising the whole day, it really was lovely.

I got back to Cardiff that night at about 9.30 and got changed straight away and went to a house party an hour later, bit of a long day! The party had a 90s theme so I did my best impression of Nicky Wire (from the Manic Street Preachers) and went wild on eyeliner, glitter and leopard print.



Love something that Nicky said on twitter recently 'Lets all grow old together-in leopard print and mascara-with eye liner and tiaras-delaying time forever'






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Aww looks like an amazing day i'm always really jel of the events in LDN, I wish public transport was cheaper! you look lovely too and I love the 90s outfit and glitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw thanks, I did really enjoy wearing the glitter. I wish it was socially acceptable to wear it everyday!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I wish I was Lin based. Looks like über fun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *london. Lol, damn iPads! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been having a brilliant time :) Love your 90's outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely getting to meet you Gem, really fun day and I love that picture of us all :) love the 90s outfit too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast, can't wait to do it again in B'ham :) Thanks for taking us around, I would have been so lost x

      Delete
  6. LDN Lunch looks like lots of fun! Wish I'd been in London that weekend and able to come along!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really was so nice to meet you Gem!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Manics, used to seem them every december at the Brighton Centre... loving the 90's look! & it was very nice to very briefly chat to you at the LDNlunch too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time in London and what a trooper going straight out once you were home. The 90s is such a brilliant theme! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the theme! someone went as a tamagotchi, it was amazing x

      Delete
  10. there's nothing better than a girly day out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so lovely to see you again, even if I did have to run off! Definitely have to do a Birmingham one though :D

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww Gem, love you too!! I look a bit deranged in that first photo but the other one is good :) Can't wait for birmingham xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Nicky Wire effort!!
    LDN Lunch looked great, still gutted that I couldn't go :( x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.