One Night Only Badgley Mischka

By Gem - 18:49:00

I'm currently sat in my PJs, drinking tea (so glam) and having a relaxing day off. It's lovely to just catch up on some blog reading, hang out with the family and tidy my room after a manic weekend. I had been looking forward to this weekend for ages because my French friends finished their masters in Cardiff last year and were all coming back for their graduation. I don't need much of an excuse to dress up but having everyone back in the same country for one weekend meant that I wanted to wear something a little special and have a huge blow out. It was a chance to eat, drink and be ever so very merry.

Badgley Mischka

Dress: Badgley Mischka (via Wish Want Wear)
Bag: Charity shop
Shoes: New Look via ASOS
Tights: c/o Stockings HQ

vintage bag, uk blogger, outfit post

After my extravagant purchase in my growing up post I was left with very little money in my bank account. I couldn't really afford to be frivolous and buy a new dress so I used a voucher that I won from Wish Want Wear months ago to hire a dress for the weekend and chose this gorgeous beaded number. The hire price is £80 but the dress retails for around £600, it was so heavy and had the prettiest beading and scalloped edging. I do wish I could wear a dress like this every weekend.

Badgley Mischka beaded dress

Continuing with my thrifty theme I managed to sell clothes online (all old and now unloved) to fund the numerous nights out, made my own decorations with paper and string for the BBQ on Friday night and took a packed lunch to the beach on Sunday. Definitely going to make this a regular thing now that I'm saving for a house.

weekend

Having a bit of a post amazing weekend comedown now after a weekend of dancing, laughing and paddling in the sea. If you have posted about your weekend please leave me a link so I can have a little read and cheer myself up.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. So pretty gem. you are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! Renting posh outfits is such a good idea. I know what you mean about post-weekend come down, too. I'm fighting it by watching Dollhouse on Netflix and eating my bodyweight in carbs- such a loser! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is this dress! You look so beautiful Gem xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is gorgeous Gem!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gem you look beautiful here, I especially love your hair with that dress!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning dress, it really suits you.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.