Painting the roses red

By Gem - 13:04:00

I spent a lovely weekend with Sarah - A Million Dresses (eating her out of house and home) along with some of our other friends and had the most wonderful time. I'm sorry for all the tweets and instagram updates about food all weekend, you have probably had more than enough of my snaps but I have an outfit post for you and another post later in the week with more photos of castles and cake.


We spent some time at the very pretty rose garden in the grounds of Warwick castle and Sarah took some photos for me. Us bloggers can sniff out a good photo oppourtunity, this garden was so pretty it was a shame not to take some photos of it and my new Jaeger dress. I've has my eye on this dress for ages and when I saw Jenna Louise Coleman wear it I knew it had to be mine. I wouldn't normally buy fancy dresses from Jaegar but it feels really special and I will get a lot of wear from it. Sarah also has this dress and wore it the next day, we will have to co-ordinate who wears it when we hang out.

IMG_2646

Dress: Boutique by Jaeger (direct, ASOS, HoF)
Sunglasses: Vivienne Westwood
Shoes: flat shoes by Mel c/o Spartoo

IMG_2660

I'm not sure if the photos do the dress justice. It was a little creased because it had been in my case it it was the hottest day of the year so I looked a little gross. I did feel very glam in it and I've worn it three times since it arrived last week.The only reason I'm not the same colour as my dress is because I covered myself in factor 50 sun protection all day.

IMG_2674

The garden we visited was first laid down in 1868 and all the roses in the garden are traditional cultivated species and are usually in full bloom from late June till the end of July. Looks like we visited at the perfect time.

The garden had a tennis court laid over the top after the Second World War but was resored in 1986 and opened by
Diana, Princess of Wales.
IMG_2643

IMG_2673


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. This dress is beautiful on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can you wear tights in such hot weather?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suffer so other people aren't subjected to the sight of my legs ;) I find it cooler and I have some weird tan lines on them which I was covering...

      Delete
  3. That dress does look so lovely on you!
    Now I totally have Alice in Wonderland running through my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char, just going through all my photos of us for a little round up post later on this week :)

      Delete
  4. The dress is so cute especially with those little heart shoes! And the setting is gorgeous! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress and your shoes! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really is a stunning outfit post! The photos are just gorgeous and I love the dress, red looks amazing on you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was such a beautiful garden I felt obliged to take a few photos xx

      Delete
  7. This dress is so lovely on you Gem!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looove this dress - so beautiful and perfect for a day out in such lovely surroundings :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dress Gem!

    What a beautiful garden too!

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really REALLY like your hair like this. Very pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gemma, it was SUCH a pleasure to meet you last Saturday! Also, you've totally convinced me that I need a pair of these Mel shoes in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gem! How excited am I for potential beach/seaside photos??? You look lovely, that dress is fab, and yep I actually can't wait for Blackpool now! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.