Curvissa June Blogger Challenge - Outfit Post

By Gem - 20:00:00

Curvissa has been around for five years now and have constantly been offering some great plus size clothing collections. My denim pinafore dress from Curvissa is one of my all time favourite wardrobe additional so I was exciting when Curvissa set me a little challenge – to style an item from their holiday range three ways. 

Now this was an interesting challenge for me because I wear black all year round, rarely rock a casual look as dressing up is my thing and I'm more of a city break girl than relaxing on a beach type of girl.

Rather than opting for a beach style dress that I could only wear once or twice a year I opted for this classic striped little number from the Holiday section. It's a jersey material so perfect for rolling up and packing in your suitcase. It's just the right length to wear on its own or over some leggings or jeans and you really can't go wrong with stripes, the nautical trend never dies. I would recommend sizing up once or twice in this as the shift shape of the dress isn't as roomy as a skater style.

This is look number 1 and is how I wore the dress on my holiday to Austria. I made the dress a little more practical by pairing it with leggings as we spent most of time time up a mountain or or a cable car. 


Dress:c/o Curvissa - Bag:David Jones - Shoes:Converse - Jacket:Charity shop 
Badge:Punky Pins - leggings: New Look




Ten points to anyone who know what these badges are all about...

Look 2

This is how I would style the outfit for a city festival like Field day, Wireless or Dot to Dot. Sadly we can't guarantee Cochella weather here in the uk so some showerproof boots and jacket are a must.


Look 3 is a more typical beach look and would work well on a holiday in the south of France or even on a day trip to Barry Island or Brighton this summer. Perfect for beach stroll or hitting the 2p machines in the arcade. 




This dress definitely gets 5 stars and a big thumbs up from me. Very comfy and versatile. 

What items will you be packing for your holiday this year? How would you style this dress?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Absolutely adore the stripy dress! The whole outfit is lovely! i recently feel meh with wearing dresses so this gave a me little boost

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wear black all year round. The outfit is nicely put together, has a 90s vibe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your the craft badge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning outfits! I love the way you accessorize, I'm rubbish at it because I get lazy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like this look, stripes and jeans are always a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this dress! especially that jacket,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.