Studio8 Abigail Dress

By Gem - 10:00:00


Dress: c/o House of Fraser Studio8 - Coat: New Look -  Shoes: Clarks - Hat: New Look



It feels like Christmas and New Year passed me by in a flash and now I'm back in work and in full swing planning what needs to be done in 2017. The end of the year was very busy and tiring for me, it is always a busy time in the industry I work in so I spent most of my December in leggings and drinking loads of coffee. I'm feeling refreshed after my break over the festive period and fancied making an effort for work and looking a bit more professional as we have a few new starters in the office this week. 

I wore a Studio8 maroon jersey dress for the first day back to work in the new year. It has a faux-wrap front with a V-neckline and short sleeves and is the perfect work appropriate length. Studio 8 is the plus size sister brand of Phase 8 and has the same sense of quality and elegance. They launched in 2015 and the range is currently available in sizes 16-26. This dress is currently in the sale at House of Fraser and makes a great staple item in any workwear wardrobe. Hayley looks amazing in her fringed Studio8 dress which you can see for yourself here.

I'm hoping to expand my workwear collection this year and create a nice little capsule wardrobe. In my previous job in the library I dressed like a student and the work could be pretty manual so clothing was casual. I wasn't really prepared for the switch to an office environment so a few carefully selected smart dresses and pairs of shoes will give me some more options on weekdays. 

I cat above isn't mine and I haven't become a cat lover overnight but Martyn has taken it upon himself to feed all the strays that congregate in our garden and the street behind. Now I have three cats staring at me through the window at any one time meowing for food when I'm making a cuppa. A couple of them are growing on my and I secretly want to take some of them in...

I hope the first week of 2017 hasn't been too taxing for you. I'm heading to Oxford this weekend for a wander around and trying to make the most of my weekend, if you have any recommendations for things to do in the city please let me know in the comments below. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Oh my! What a beautiful kitty! I am such a cat lady. Like Martin, I use to feed all the strays (and neighbourhood cats) where I use to live, I'd end up with about 8 or 9 cats sitting waiting some days! Haha. I have two of my own now, one of which adopted me! I love the dress a lot, the maroon colour is beautiful and it suits you perfectly, also love the hat and the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour looks so nice on you! I definitely need to invest in some more smarter capsule wardrobe pieces - all I own at the moment is jumpers and jeans! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of your outfit, especially the hat

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Oh that cat is an absolute beauty. I would want to take him in. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! I absolutely love your dress & hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colour - Burgundy is stunning on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress on you, the colour is great and really suits you! Your cat friend is so pretty, I would be so happy if I had a garden full of cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours, the dress & hat are gorgeous! Such a pretty cat too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour of your dress. I really love autumnal colours. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit on you, that colour is stunning!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab outfit! And thanks for the mention hon ;)
    Www.curvesandcurl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.