Outfit Post - Lorraine Kelly spot dress

By Gem - 14:07:00

About 90% of my wardrobe is navy blue or black and you'll normally find my legs covered in 100 denier tights or leggings so this is a pretty wild look for me. Coral and bare legs! I wore this dress to a friends wedding a couple of weeks ago and felt suitable dressy and ladylike (the skirt is perfect for dance floor swishing) but I think this would be equally as good as a work dress with smart jacket. On a side note, I think 'Operation Grow Hair for Wedding' is going pretty well.


Dress: c/o JD Williams
Shoes: Mel (similar here)
Bag: Vivienne Westwood


I paired the dress which is from the JD Williams Lorraine Kelly collection with my trusty Mel shoes which I've had for years. I don't let nearly being 30 stop me from wearing pink jelly shoes to a wedding. I think I'm going to wear this again for my Christmas night out with colleagues with these glittery shoes.  This dress comes in sizes 10-32 and I would say it is true to size, no need to size up at all. 


As always I brought out my fancy Vivienne Westwood event bag to finish my outfit, it's a shame that I don't really go anywhere exciting to make more use of it. This is my go-to bag for meals out with my family or posh events. It's so nice to carry a small bag with just a phone, lipstick and some cash instead of my normal work bag which must weight more than a 10kg kettle bell. 


I'm currently feeling a little sorry for myself on the sofa with the sniffles and not feeling remotely glamorous at all like I did in the dress above.  I've got all my guide books out and a cup of tea and I'm planning my trip to Berlin with Martyn in a couple of weeks time. If you have any Berlin tips please leave some in the comments section below.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. You look so beautiful! The colour is so lovely, I have been looking at dresses in a similar colour for an upcoming wedding <3 The shoes are also super cute!

    I hope that you feel better soon :) Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove your handbag! The dress is so cute too, really ladylike as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gem you look absolutely gorgeous! Coral is such a great colour on you.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks smashing on you, let's see a bit more of those legs!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute and feminine dress. I love the shoes and the bag you've combined it with :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute dress - perfect for so many different occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress and you would never believe that I have ordered a red dress with white polka dots . Great minds must think alike.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.