Outfit post - Simply Be Scarlett and Jo sweetheart dress

By Gem - 17:08:00

I know we have only just got past Halloween and Bonfire Night but I have started thinking about Christmas already. I've been buying lots of festive bits for the house as it will be my first Christmas in the house I bought back in March with Martyn. I've also been stocking up the cupboards with Baileys and lebkuchen. It's is also time for me to start thinking about partywear as I've already got a few work parities lined up for the festive period and I'm hoping to host a few parties at my house as it is nearly complete in terms of renovation.

Most of my parties and social occasions tend to take place an hour or so after work. I commute around an hour to work so I'm always getting ready in the bathroom in work rather than rushing home and back. I much prefer wearing something to work and just adding a little more lippy and some sparkly eyeliner to make the look more party appropriate. This Scarlett and Jo dress from Simply Be is perfect as a day-to-night dress and would really pop with some heels and a retro hairdo. 

this is a picture of a scarlett and jo plus size dress

The skirt has some netting underneath which gives a lovely, full shape. I love the bold colours in the floral pattern as I tend to wear a lot of grey and black in winter which gets a bit dull and repetitive. The sweetheart neckline, elasticated belt waist and three quarter length sleeves are all super flattering on my shape and I feel really comfortable in this dress. The dress comes in saes 12-32 and in a few colour and pattern options (I'm loving this one).


Dress: c/o Simply Be
Shoes: Mel similar here


I wore this dress on a rare day off together with Martyn, we went to visit my family and my beautiful baby Sookie the labrador and had a date night including a glass (or three) of wine. This will definitely be my go-to date night dress and going for drinks with the girls dress this winter. 

this s a picture of a golden labrador

Isn't she a beaut?!


Have you got your eye on any partywear at the moment? I'm still on the look out for some festive dresses to wear on Christmas Day and Boxing Day and a new winter coat because my one from last year is looking a little tired.

The dress was provided by Simply Be but all opinions are my own.
SaveSave
SaveSave

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love that shade of blue, it looks great for the winter x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this dress! I wore it for my wedding reception/picnic! I love it - so flattering and you look simply gorgeous in it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear! Can I have your dress? I like the colour and simply love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is stunning & it really suits you! Your dog is gorgeous too xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dress and it suits you perfectly! I love the floral print and I really, really like the neck line on the dress :) Your dog is SO cute!! Lovely pics, too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she the cutest?! She's a bit naughty and greedy though because we spoil her so much.

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous dress! Love the floral part, it's so detailed and feminine. It suits you so well ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing & this dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely! I love the skirt, the print is so cute! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.