Warwick & Proms at the castle

By Gem - 20:46:00

Last week I headed up to Warwick after work on Friday to hang out with some of my favourite ladies.  CharSarahRosie, Alex and I all stayed with our generous host and master baker Sarah in her beautiful home. I already posted earlier in the week about what I wore but this is what we did...

We met up with local blogger and maker of fantastic dresses Roisin Saturday morning and headed in to Warwick for some beer garden fun and a pub lunch before heading to Warwick castle for a little wander.

IMG_2617

I really don't know much about the history of Warwick castle and the area having not visited before so I really enjoyed walking around the castle and picking up a few little facts inside. The origins of the castle date back to 914 and Edward IV was imprisoned there, pretty cool ey? 

IMG_2619

IMG_2631

Such gorgeous interiors, I love thinking about all the people in those portraits, the lives they led and scandals they may have caused.

IMG_2639

IMG_2671

Nice little group shot whilst relaxing in the rose garden.

IMG_2647
Dress: Boutique by Jaeger | ShoesMel c/o Spartoo | Ring: Links of London

I really didn't think my wardrobe through did I? lots of black on the hottest day if the year. I think sandals and a strappy dress may have been a wiser option don't you? 

We headed back to the castle grounds in the evening to enjoy the Proms. I've never been to an event quite to patriotic and posh. I'm sure I brought the levels of decorum and class down a little by sitting on the floor and not being very lady like. There was a concert an original WW2 Spitfire aerial display and lovely fireworks at the end. It was such a lovely evening, you really can't go wrong when you are eating M&S nibbles and listening to your favourite songs from Les Mis.

IMG_2684

Sarah and Rosie

IMG_2722


I always enjoy a weekend away with blogging pals. We all talk about the same things, are happy to take 100 outfit photos for each other and don't judge anyone when they instagram their lunch. Blogging has given me so many opportunities to met new people and visit new places. I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge 3+ years ago.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Ah this weekend gets even better with every post!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh ya'll were so close! Wish I would of known, I would came along! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and Claire are going to a gig in B'ham in Oct, we should go for tea and cake xx

      Delete
  3. N'awwww, love you guys! Hope you had a cracking weekend :) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely pictures, looks like you had an amazing time!
    xx
    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such fantastic pictures, what a beautiful way to spend the day! I visited Warwick Castle as a child and it felt gigantic and awe inspiring at the time, still is by the look of it! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous! I really want to visit Warwick Castle!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like the perfect weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best! sun, history and good company x

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful place to visit, perfect for a sunny weekend. And your dress looked fab! Hope you all had a lovely time :-)

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.