Shaper Jeans

By Gem - 13:57:00

blog 038

T shirt: Topshop
Necklace: New Look
shoes: Converse
Jeans: New Look

Copy of blog 044

I'm not wearing a dress or skirt. SHOCKER. These jeans are from New Look and are the comfiest jeans I own. Well, they are the only jeans I own... as you may have guessed from reading my blog trousers just aren't my thing and casual jeans are so far out of my comfort zone. New Look sent me a voucher to purchase a pair of jeans from the new shaper range and I'm going to review them from a non jean wearing persons point of view. I got the 30 inch leg, mid blue, super skinny variety.

The jeans are made from a soft, stretchy denim which is great because after about 8 years of exclusively wearing skirt and dresses I was worried that I would feel uncomfortable or restricted in jeans and that wasn't the case. I wouldn't say that the jeans were superskinny and I found the ankles too baggy to tuck into boots but they look great turned up or over boots. I found getting my size online and in store quite tricky but that's because I tried to get them when they were first launched and the sales assistant in the Cardiff branch told me that had been selling really well. There seem to be more sizes available now after the initial buying rush.

I like the colour, blue denim is a classic but I'm hoping that they bring these jeans out in black and seasonal colours like burgundy in winter. These jeans are designed to shape your bum and hide any problem areas. I found this to be true and they were quite high wasted which meant no overspill and a nice silhouette. I wore them to work and to do my shopping and found that they were up to the job and it was quite refreshing not to be pulling up tights or worrying about flashing my behind when reaching for a book on the bottom shelf in work.

In short, I would recommend these jeans to all you denim lovers out there. I'm still unconvinced if trousers are for me but I think these jeans were a good way to enter the world of trouser wearing.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Gem you look amazing in these! They look great on you - I have no idea where your doubts about being able to pull off jeans are coming from! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it felt soooo weird wearing them but quite comfy.

      Delete
  2. You look super cute in jeans, love them on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I have my ups and downs with jeans, but a good reliable pair are sometimes all you need to convice you that in fact they are worth while. Love the necklace xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksm worn that necklace to death and it was only £4 in New Look. Might have to buy a back up for when this one gets really tarnished xx

      Delete
  4. Love these jeans on you! I need to get some new ones soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should wear jeans more often lovely! they suit you, you look sooo cute. Love the whole look x

    Much love Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look good. Like you, I find jeans a total nightmare! They're always too big on the waist then too small everywhere else. Hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look good in jeans Gem!
    I may have to try these, I've really gotten into wearing jeans lately x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just noticed that one of my dogs balls is on the floor in the background haha...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have these jeans, You are looking amazing mate!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shopping for jeans is an absolute nightmare for me! These look fab on you :)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gemma you're looking smoking hot!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing Gem you really can pull of jeans. Jeans are my favorite most worn things ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The jeans look really good on you! I see what you mean about baggy around ankles. I have to admit I'm a dark denim/coloured jeans girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought these jeans a couple of weeks ago ad I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you could wear a flippin' potato sack and still be cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.