What I've been buying, trying and reading

By Gem - 14:56:00

I got a holiday bonus in my pay recently and rather than being cautious with it I blew it all on shoes, make up in Paris and booking trips to London. Life is too short to be sensible, right? Well I was a little sensible, I scoured the Internet for discount codes to use on all my purchases before buying. I wanted to treat myself to some nice things and even 10% off pricey items can make a huge difference. I used the code AUTUMN15 to get 15% off my Vivienne Westwood purse from Spartoo. I thought that it was about time that I got an adult purse, all my previous ones have been from Paperchase with cakes or animals on. I think this is much more grown up and hopefully it will last me for years.

bubble tea, vivienne westwood purse

I got to try out lots of new drinks at Bubblebase including original with tapioca (my favourite), green apple fruity with green tea and green apple jellies and a few more. It is the only bubble tea retailer in Wales and they are very odd but tasty. You can read a great review by Hannah here.

I need a break from  A Song of Ice and Fire series and the trashy Jenny Colgan books that I've been reading recently and I picked up The Virgin Suicides and Bonjour Tristesse, both of which I've been dying to read for ages. I managed to get both for £1 each plus p&p on eBay, bargain!

I've had my eye on a pair of Vivienne Westwood Melissa for a while and a holiday bonus and 20% off unidays code were the final push I needed to finally get a pair. The 20% off code has expired now but you can still use the codes UO10 or AUTM15 to get a discount on shoes like these (or anything) at Urban Outfitters.  

melissa vivienne westwood shos, sephora, bioderma

I bought all the make up and skincare items at a huge Sephora store in Paris and I've only just had the chance to try them all out. I LOVE the Bioderma cleanser, it's such a huge bottle and was around 10 euros which is think is a pretty good price. I am taking pretty strong antibiotics for my acne at the moment (sigh) which make my skin very dry, I find this cleanser stop my skin from drying out and reduces some of the redness, it also stops the itchiness when my skin is healing. I bought some miniature shower gels, eye make up remover and cleansers to try out before I buy full size products when I return to Paris or get my Parisian friends to send me some. All these products are good but I really liked the eye makeup remover, not too greasy at all.

The Outrageous Volume Mascara was nothing special, it didn't give me the length or volume that my Lancome one does and runs throughout the day. Don't want to waste it so I will wear this to work or when I'm out running errands. I loved the primer but you only get a small bottle, will be re-purchasing this.

dot marc jacbobs, sephora
I have run out of all of my perfumes and wasn't really keen on my old ones anymore so I wanted to replace them with a new scent. I opted for Marc Jacobs Dot after wearing a sample for about a week so make sure I liked it. I like the mix of vanilla, red berries and orange blossom but I wish the bottle wasn't so ugly! what's wrong with a nice cut glass bottle Marc Jacobs?

I'm all spend out now, I might leave the debit card at home for a few weeks...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I love the Marc Jacobs bottles :)

    Hoping the try the dot out this month too!!

    The shoes are gorgeous

    Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Francoise Sagan and I love Bonjour Tristesse, hope you enjoy it! I also loved That Mad Ache/La Chamade which iks brilliant. Those shoes are absolutely beautiful, I love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh will get those once I have finished Bonjour Tristesse. Wanted to buy it in Paris but it was about 15 euros!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen the bubble place? Where is it???? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul, loved reading this post :-) and the purse is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love the dot bottle! I can see why some don't like it though, it is a bit childish. Smells lovely too - I'm putting it on my christmas wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL purse - i really love it! it's so grown up :)
    i really want to read the virgin suicides, i might have to have a cheeky look on amazon ;)
    Rosie xo
    A Pocketful of Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You been buying, trying and reading quite a lot of stuff lately :) And those flats are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new purse sweet! I really want to try bubble tea, I think there's a place opening in Exeter soon so will have to go along at get some! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh I love the Vivienne Westwood purse and Melissa shoes! Very you Gem, I remember how much you love Vivienne Westwood so these make for great purchases. A girl deserves a well earned treat every once in a while xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I treat myself too much Alice, and my dog of course! ;) xx

      Delete
  10. Great buys Gem :) Loving the Viv purse and shoes!
    I've never tried bubble tea so will have to give it a go next time I'm in Cardiff.
    I actually love the bottle for MJ Dot! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like it! I like my bottles more classic I think x

      Delete
  11. That purse looks lovely and I want those Melissas!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love those melissa shoes. just gorgeous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.