Perfect Party Dress Quest

By Gem - 20:20:00

It’s that time of the year where there are lots of parties, events and family gatherings where you want to look your best and wear something glamorous. I'm sure a lot of you are experiencing "What do I wear to the Christmas party?"dread, but fear not! There are some cracking dresses on the high street at the moment and I have selected my favourites for all your festive party needs.

party dress 1

Every girl should own a LBD, you can’t go wrong with classic black. For a bit of a spin on the classic bodycon  you could try the Silence + Noise Faux Leather Dress from Urban Outfitters. I think this would look great with some spike detail jewellery and a dark, vampish coloured lipstick.
The Dark Green chiffon and lace dress from New Look is less dressy and would be great for Christmas day with the family or you could wear this work work and pop some heels on with it for post work festive drinks.
The AX Paris Sequin crochet waist dress is another twist on the classic LDB with a bit of added Christmas sparkle.

party dress 2

If you’re feeling a bit more daring and want to splash on some some colour or pattern you could go for the Leopard print wrap dress from Miss Selfridge or the Sequin dress from boohoo.com. The leopard print dress is my personal favourite from all of my picks, I'm obsessed with leopard print and would wear this all year round. Finally, the Black lace sleeve dress from Dorothy Perkins was too pretty to leave off my list. I love the delicate lace on the sleeves and the sparkly detail on the waist.

Have you spotted the perfect party dress yet or is it still way too early for you to be thinking about Christmas and the party season?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Oh wow, the sequin dress is calling out to me - it's so fabulous! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that Miss Selfridge dress so badly... It is gorgeous!

    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. classy but trashy at the same time, just up my street! ;) x

      Delete
  3. Gemma, that dark green one is delicious! I like it a lot.. And the last one. I have lots of party frocks, but nowhere to wear it too.. BOOO.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the leather one and the black lace sleeve one! Such pretty dresses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call me traditional, but I love the black lace sleeve dress- it looks very elegant!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green number is gorgeous- just love that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo I love shopping for christmas outfits! some lovely choices Gem. The green one is my fave, I adore the colour of it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Dorothy Perkins dress!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good choices, I think my favourites are the green New Look dress and the AX Black one :) I'm so excited for party season!!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that green dress, the colour is just gorgeous! I've seen so many party dresses I want to buy already. Must restrain myself! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The green one is really popular, probably the cheapest too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dark green one is amazing, so glam and classic, love the rich colour too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first dress!! I bet it fits like a dream, I'm definitely thinking about party dresses already, the sequin one is super cute too.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to buy my Christmas dress, it is traditional for me to buy one every year for Crimbo and I haven't yet so this is a good starting point!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The green new look dress is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.