Another Fab Find in Peacocks

By Gem - 16:24:00


I was supposed to go out today because it's my day off but nobody wanted to do anything because the weather is so bad at the moment or because they have to see their boyfriend even thought they see them everyday. Not even this rainbow could cheer me up, the view from my room used to be amazing before they built lots of houses and blocked off my pretty view. I got all dressed up ready to go out so I thought I may as well share it with you.


Dress: Peacocks
Cardi: asda
Shoes: Topshop
Belt: Peacocks
Bag: Vivienne Westwood
Rings: Evans

 I look a bit manic because I'm trying to hide how annoyed I am, I tried using my brothers camera for a change so it's a bit blurry too. His camera was very good at taking close up photos and has an anti shake thing so I got some great photos of my accessories.
I bought this dress in Peacoks on Saturday and I'm very happy with it. That's twice in a fortnight I've found an amazing dress in there and this one was only £20 and I think it looks a bit like this Dahlia one that is £60. It came with a black stretchy belt with an enamel buckle but I wasn't too keen on it so I bought this belt for £4. I tried on loads of belts in there and they all looked great. I find it really hard to get belts because most shops only do small/medium/large and the large is only about a size 14 so I will be going back to Peacocks to buy up all the belts.
This my favourite purse/bag, I bought it in Harrods about two years ago and I get lots of use out if it. I love Vivienne Westwood and wanted something tartan but because I wear so many floral dresses I wouldn't have used a tartan bag very often to I opted for this brown leather one. It's a great item because it can be used as a purse but you can also clip a strap on to it so it can be used as a clutch.


I thought this summed up my feelings about today rather well-
credit

Hope you are having a great day with your loved one. I don't have anyone (spinster) so I will be taking the dog for a walk to fill up time in my empty life haha
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Love the dress, I'm going to have to track that down now! At least a dogs love is unconditional hey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Peacocks in a while but I think I might pop in to see if they have any other pretty dresses like this one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah-Good for Peacocks isn't it? the Cardiff store is full of nice things at the moment :)
    I'm in a better mood since I wrote this post because I'm having a day out on Wednesday instead because me and my friends couldn't go anywhere today because of the horrible rain
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha I know how you feel about Valentine's Day, I've got the only company I need for this evening in the form of a chocolate cake from Sainsburys!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your reply on my blog, I've actually found a good few dresses and blouses I'd like on their website :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bagggg :D
    what an awesome find! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Peacocks, most of my floral dresses come from there. They have 20% off on their website until midnight today.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better now, treat yourself to some chocolates and a DVD! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that discount when I was on their site earlier but I alaready have most of the dresses haha! Much better now, I'm watching the History of Books, such a librarian loser xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh that's a really beautiful dress! love the bag :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress, I love Peacocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness the Vivienne Westwood bag is amazing, I would love to own something by her one day, be it a bag, a dress…just something!
    That dress is lovely, and the print is beautiful, I must remember to visit Peacocks sometime soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. the dress is lovely! its a shame they built houses in your view :( and to be honest walking my dog is just as appealing as seeing my boyfriend haha im such a country bumpkin sometimes xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Gem, just found your blog :) I"m sorry you had such a bad day, but you saw a rainbow!! :) how can that not cheer you up? :) I don't think I've ever shopped in Peacocks, but seeing that makes me want give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Peacocks, so cheap and the Cardiff store looks great and they go up to a size 20, what's not to love?
    @Alice- I would love a Viv dress but they only go up to a size 14 :(

    @Sian- dogs are way better than boys, real love haha

    @Filipa- I've had a good strop and feel much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adore the first picture! I never manage to capture good photos of rainbows, but that one is so clear :)

    Love the dress too, you look beautiful!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Alex :) I was really lucky because I was taking outfit photos and my brother told me to have a look out of the window and I had the camera in my hand and manged to get a decent picture xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would die for your bag! If you want to sell it, think of me :)
    Your pictures are absolutly cute.

    If you collect teacups : http://www.les-porcelaines-de-laure.com
    Handmade!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out now :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dress is gorgeous! Also, love those rings :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the hidden little details in this outfit that are fun to explore and spot --that cameeo ring is just perfection! As is the brown belt with the black tights (two of my favorite color combinations!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey I think they've just put it on the peacocks site, is it this one?

    http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=4619571&prodFindSrc=paramNav

    Just found your blog and love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love with that dress! I really hope I can find it in my size :(...Awesome blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @CupCakeGirl- Thanks :) it's a different dress but I have that one too! (I'm wearing it in a post about 4 entries down)
    haha I love Peacocks at the moment. This is the dress I have on in this post-http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=4599431&prodFindSrc=paramNav

    @Youngonesgroan- they seem to have it online at the moment, the link is just above :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving your blog, definitely a new follower!

    Check out my blog!
    N. xox
    www.non-optional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your style. There are so many vintage touches, it kind of feels like you flew in from another time. The dress is gorgeous and it particularly suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much Tea For Two, that comment has made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woah, WANT that purse/bag! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.