Bag Madness!

By Gem - 18:26:00

I went to see Allo Darlin' on Monday night at 10 Feet Tall in Cardiff and this is what I wore-


I took some pictures at the gig and by the castle but I look awful so I took this one when I got home.

Dress: h&m
Cardigan: Primark
Bag: Topshop

I got this dress from h&m and I'm very happy with it. I didn't know that they went up to my size in the regular range there so when I found out that they did I ordered lots of things, I was a little skeptical because I always remember h&m clothes being quite small but when the dress arrived it was a perfect fit. It's nice and long so I can wear tights with it instead of leggings and it's very comfortable. The best thing was that it only cost £9.99! 
This is a close up of the bag I took to the gig. I don't usually shop in Topshop as I used to work there and had Topshop overkill when I was in uni but I splashed out and bought this bag before Christmas. It was quite expensive and I usually buy vintage bags but I really like it and it's just big enough to fit my camera, phone, purse and powder in, fab for a night out.

Allo Darlin' were fab but I knew that before I went but Sweet Baboo was totally new to me, he had some lovely songs and very fun onstage banter. Sweet Baboo has a few videos on youtube so check him out.



On Sunday I went to the Market and vintage fair but I also popped into Primark and when I got there I went a bit mad and got three bags... oops!
Lots of people have been blogging about this bag and I wanted to see what it looked like in the flesh. It's a really pretty bag and it was a bargain, I think it was about £6. I don't think it's going to last very long though and the clasp is a bit tricky to open but for that price I don't mind too much.
















The big brown bag is soo nice but I don't think it looks amazing in that photo. It's very soft and you would pay 4 times the price for this bag if it was in Topshop. It will be great for me to take to work and carry all my junk around in. The little stripey bag was a last minute buy but I'm glad I bought it. I will probably use it in the summer when I go for some Pimms in a beer garden.(I really want it to be summer so I can go for a Pimms in a country pub right now!)
Been to any good gigs recently?
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I love your Topshop bag and the first Primark one! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that striped purse is my favorite, so nautical. for some reason just looking at it makes me feel girlish and super young. :)
    haven't been to any good gigs lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol the Allo Darlin' lady wore the same skirt at the Manchester gig on Saturday night! They were brilliant though. We had Just Handshakes We're British and The Loves for support though, I'll have to check out Sweet Baboo...

    That Topshop bag is so cute! I love the stripey one too, will have to check Primark out at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah- Thanks :)

    @Ingrid-She looked so cute, I loved them! Sweet Baboo and Ivan Moult are both from south Wales I think. The Loves are a Cardiff band, very 60s.
    Primark had some great things this week, very impressed!

    @melina bee- I love the bag, it's so small and cute. I think it would look nice with a white dress and sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the floral Primark bag in my hand, I was very tempted and my Mum even uttered those terrible words ‘why don’t you buy it’ but somehow, I don’t quite know how I resisted. I think it’s a very pretty bag indeed.
    I haven’t seen the stripey one before, I really like the nautical feel :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red Topshop bag is gorgeous! Alas I could only afford the floral Primark one. I think it's quite nice for Primark, but I guess everyone will have one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Alice- The stripey one is cute and was only £4!

    @Pookie- I'm quite lucky most of my friends aren't really girly so I will probably be the only one with this bag. The Topshop one was a bit of a splurge, I just got paid and fancied a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit, I love the striped dress and cardi combination. That red bag is to die for. H&M does always seem small, I never see any plus sized anything at the local H&M, perhaps its just this area or something :\

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Honeysuck_elle- I ordered online and I got size 22-24 because they are usually skimpy so I went a size bigger. All my clothes arrived and it said xl and not size 22-24 and they did all fit nicely. Might just be worth going in and trying things on, what's on the label doesn't seem to mean much in h&m,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bags are darling! A girl can always use more bags, right? And I love the ruffles on the shoulders of that cardigan. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these bags and the outfit is really cute x

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved the purses :D
    &your cardigan rocks, too
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovelovelove all the new bags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous of all these bags, but that Topshop one in particular is gorgeous :)
    You look beautiful!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the bags, but my favorite is that tassled red one! So dang cute! (As is that H&M dress!)
    And, yes, I definitely need an embroidered sweater to feel like a real member of the Weasley clan! Long Live Harry Potter! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. That red bag is gorgeous. And I have heard a few Sweet Baboo songs on 6music and they sound pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Alex- Thanks :)

    @Deb- He was a such a good musician and funny, well worth checking out if he's in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the nautical-ness of this outfit and the floral bag that everyone has, I want one too!!!!!


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool, i love allo darlin! very cute dress and i love the topshop bag :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the advice, I'll have to look into that :) I don't think you can shop online with H&M in the US, I mean through there actual website? I'm checking them out now, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the dress, looks fab on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. All such amazing bags! I always look at that Topshop one whenever I go :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.