Monochrome trend

By Gem - 11:08:00

My recent monochrome outfit post got me a little inspired to seek out what else the high street has on offer this Spring in black and white. There was so much to chose from and this is also a trend you could recreate with things you already because we all have a black skirt or pair of jeans we would team up with a white blouse so no need to blow the budget on this one.
 
monochrome 1

My first monochrome pick is a bargain dress from boohoo.com, it's only £20 and I've got a feeling this will be making it's way to my house on payday and worn on a night out with a splash of red lippy providing the only colour in my outfit. The blouse is super pretty and girly and I found it on City Goddess a wholesale site I've not come across before. The t-shirt is from one of my all time favourite brands, Orphan's Arms which you can get via ASOS, most of their t-shirts come in black and white so it's a great place to pick up an unusual top to fit in with this trend.

monochrome 2

I love these cool Nike hi tops from JD Sports, you can get them in all sorts of colours but these black and white ones are pretty slick. Really tempted by the purple ones too but think I'm a bit old to pull them off, what do you think?
Accessories are a cheap way of getting involved in a trend, the phone case if from Topshop and the bag is a total bargain at £8 from Peacocks.

I would love to see any of your outfit posts rocking this trend so leave me some links. Hoping to have a lazy Sunday reading blogs.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love all the monochrome prints around in the shops at the moment, the boohoo dress is gorgeous!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore the blouse and the hi tops!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blouse!

    There's a panel shirt I've spotted on New Look's website that I'm desperate to purchase come pay day x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that peacocks bag, good price as well but obviously I'm in love with this trend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the helpful information you provide in
    your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I'll learn lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    Here is my web site: http://www.tealefenning.org.uk/phpBB2/profile,mode,viewprofile,u,36281.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that polka dot dress! I am normally a colour girl so monochrome doesn't excite me, but that is lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.