Cruel Britannia

By Gem - 12:05:00

I've had a rather busy but very lovely week so far which I've spent with all my favourite people. Not even the hangover from hell yesterday could put me in a bad mood. This is what I wore to work on Tuesday, I forgot all about this dress and it felt quite girly and Spring like. It also makes a nice change for me not to be wearing all black.

IMG_1180

Dress: Monsoon
Cardigan:New Look
Necklace: River Island
Ring: Daisy
Shoes: flat shoes Clarks c/o Spartoo

I had pancakes at my friends house on Tuesday which meant that I didn't have to make them, my batter is always lumpy and my pancakes stick to the pan so I was happy to leave flipping duty to Harri. I ate a few too many covered in nutella but I only have them once a year so it seemed a shame not to over indulge.

burger, chapman family, panackes daisy ring

I've been wearing my new Daisy non stop since it arrived, its so dainty and I'm going to get a few more and stack them up. I used WELCOME10 to get a 10% discount on my 'G' ring.

Wednesday was also another food filled day, I took my friend Louise to Juno Lounge on Wellfield Road in Cardiff for lunch and we both had very tasty burgers. I had chicken but was a little jealous when the salmon and crayfish one came out for Louise, it looked amazing. We hit all the charity shops for a good rummage on Albany Road (my favourite place to bargain hunt). Food and shopping are probably the best combination ever.We headed to Clwb Ifor Bach in the evening to see The Chapman Family, an amazing band from the North East (obviously, its where all the best bands are from) and they blew me away. You can download their new single for free here. It definitely felt like they should be playing to a much bigger crowd and I hope I catch them again at some festivals this summer.

Bit of a busy weekend to look forward to now, off to a Welsh Labour conference tomorrow and then going to see the NME Tour on Sunday night, really excited about seeing Peace and Miles Kane!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Aw, lovely, Gem! That dress looks great on you - super flattering and the print looks awesome!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun week! Miles Kane has been acers when I've seen him - enjoy that! Nutella was defs the one thing missing from my pancake fest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dress and the ring is so cute, Gem! :)X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm that burger looks delish. And you look lovely too!
    The Life of Emily-Alice


    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is so pretty on you! Love the print :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Chapman Family are from my home town!

    I love that ring bb, I need an S in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking very stylish and beautiful Gem x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress, the cardy is a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this dress on you, so pretty!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress! Albany Road is great for bargains... And for finding random items that you've failed to find anywhere else. Have fun at the NME tour! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.