X-Ray Spex

By Gem - 12:18:00

I had a lovely weekend filled with cocktails, dancing, hangover breakfast at Cafe 37 (best ever) and planning my playlist for the My Mad Fat Diary inspired 90s party I'm having in a few weeks time. I wore a lovely new French Connection dress on the weekend but I completely forgot to take a snap so you get me in some less interesting workwear instead sorry!

I also picked up my new glasses this weekend and after after the initial shock of wearing them again after five years of avoiding them, I think I quite like them. I picked up two pairs for £125 at Specsavers which is pretty good value. I can't buy mine online because I have a pretty weird prescription and I really didn't enjoy forking out that much money on such boring items. I moaned to my mum '£125 is half a Vivienne Westwood dress, four nights out, a weekend away!!' all true but I suppose my eyesight is very important and I wont be buying anymore for at least two years.

IMG_1218

Dress: ASOS
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: Clarks c/o Spartoo
Belt:Dorothy Perkins
Glasses: Karen Millen Specsavers
Lipstick: Topshop All About Me from Sarah


I posted a photo of me in my big tortoiseshell coloured ones on instagram on the weekend but I've mainly been wearing my purple Karen Millen ones to work as they are a bit more business like and professional.

glasses


Too much time on my hands posing in my new glasses...

I need a bit of help too, my current phone has really low internal memory and its driving me insane because I have to delete things all the time and I've tried moving all my apps to the SD card. I fancy the Galaxy Samsung which I can get on www.phones4u.co.uk any one know if it's ok? I'm useless with anything technology related and usually drop my phones in a sink of running water or lose them so don't want anything too expensive. 

*collaborative post

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Oh i LOVE the tortoiseshell ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think they are my 80s Morrissey glasses :)

      Delete
  2. Love the glasses :) My eyes are too good to get glasses though :(

    http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tortoiseshell glasses, they look so good on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glasses! You are right, I think of money in the exact same way "£60 - that's 10 cocktails!"
    But they are lovely and a good investment =) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of everything in terms of dresses and cocktails haha xx

      Delete
  5. I really love those glasses on you, what a great buy!

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're really lovely! Plus your lipstick is a gorgeous colour :) x

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Urm hello lovely little dress and sexy lady in her glasses (although woah for the cost of glasses.. think of all the dresses you could buy haha!) BUT yes, glasses are important. xx

    The Little's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) I know right, died a little inside when I handed my card over to buy them!

      Delete
  8. Adore these glasses on you Gem! I love the Orla Kiely range at Boots and feel a trip to the opticians may be on the cards quite soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your glasses are amazing, you are making me want to buy more!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gemmmmm I love these on you! I'd hate to pay that much too, probably because knowing me I'd sit on them or lose them or something ha! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dress and your glasses, you look so lovely!


    A little bit Unique

    x


    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Gemma glasses really, really suit you! You look fab.

    Love the idea of a Mad Fat Diary themed party, I'm hoping they release a sound track soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gem, You are NOT, in ANY way 'fat'.

    YOU are, if you don't mind my saying so, A VERY Beautiful, VERY SEXY Lady.

    As for your Glasses, OMG, They make you look EVEN SEXIER. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! is this one of my mates? thanks ;)

      Delete
  14. Props to that awesome anon haha! True times, glasses suit you perfectly! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.