Paris - Marais

By Gem - 18:00:00

I posted earlier in the week about my day in Disneyland but I also spent some time in the very lovely Marias district. Le Marais is a pretty cool area of Paris known for its concentrated presence of gays, Jews and fashionable young people.  There is so much going on there from museums, parks, restaurants and lovely second hand shops that you could easily spend a whole weekend here.

The shops are open on Sunday but don't open until around 11am on weekdays so it's best to arrive in the afternoon if you want to soak up some atmosphere. I did a walking tour of the area which you can find here. It was great, easy to follow and lasts for about 2.5 hours but if you're stopping for lunch and window shopping you could drag it out all day.

IMG_1095

IMG_1145

Rue des Rosiers

541465_10100145576697167_847421595_n

IMG_1154

IMG_1155

St.Paul-St.-Louis Church, the Church is one of the oldest examples of Jesuit architecture in Paris.

526601_10100145576437687_1503411349_n

Have you ever been to this area? I hoping to go again in the summer so would love any tips about the best places to eat and shop although all the felafel and cakes looked amazing.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. That shop looks amazing! I want to go just to visit the shop :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, beautiful!! I absolutely j'adore Paris! Can't wait to visit again. You must check my blogpost on first trip too - still sorting the second one out. x Gem http://wwwblackstarrynight.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/paris-city-break-in-march.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just check it out, looks like the first trip I went on to Paris. We did all the same things x

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, all those beautiful macarons, I still haven't tried one yet!
    This post is definitely making me want to visit Paris even more than I did already! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go! There's nothing better than waking in the morning and popping to a nearby Boulangerie for some pain au chocolate for brekkie! mmmmmmm!

      Delete
  4. I've just sent this post to Liam because your photos have inspired me to visit too! I don't think he'll appreciate being dragged round vintage shops but he can't have it all eh ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much food there to keep Liam happy though and good second hand shops and photography shows, galleries etc You will love it! Montmatre is great too xxx

      Delete
  5. This all looks so pretty, I've wanted to visit Paris for a while now, you're tempting me even more! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should go for the six nations next year Leanne then have a few days sightseeing :) x

      Delete
  6. I'm dreaming of going back one day. It's true I heart Paris ♥ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. I've been to Paris, but never to that area. Hopefully I'll return one day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris is top of my places to visit list.. hope I get chance to go this year!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never went to this part of Paris when I went last year but I can definitely say it looks amazing!
    If I ever get the chance to go to Paris again, I am hunting this place down! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.