Strictly Come Dancing - Outfit Inspiration

By Gem - 11:22:00

I've certainly changed a lot this year. Weekends used to mean wild nights out, cocktails and getting dressed up but now my weekends are completely different. A mixture of settling down and my friends being busy with their dissertations means you can usually find me in on a Saturday night in front of the TV with my family. I've swapped the vodka and diet coke for hot chocolate and glam dresses for my PJs. Saturday nights are all about Strictly Come Dancing for me. I can admire the glitz and glamour but by sitting comfortably at home and not out on the town until the early hours.


Gala Bingo recently set some bloggers a challenge to create some posts inspired by the style on their favourite Saturday night show. While Nicole Scherzinger always looks amazing and the contestants on X Factor get to wear some lovely outfits I had to pick Strictly. Who doesn't love some old Hollywood style glamour and thousands of sequins?

You're not going to be able to buy a ballroom dress perfect for the
Viennese Waltz on the high street but I've found plenty of Strictly-inspired outfits on the high street. Here are a few that I think are the most accessible and wearable:
strictly come dancing fashion

This very glamarous dress by Frock and Frill channels the 20s vibe perfectly and reminds me of all the great beaded dresses the female contestants wear when they attempt the Charleston. The tiers and sequins would look great on any dance floor when you're strutting your stuff.

Abbey Clancy is definitely my favourite contestant this year the black dress from her Matalan range reminds me of the sophisticated dresses the ladies wear for the Argentine Tango.I really want Abbey and Aljazto win this year but I also have a soft spot for Susanna and Kevin.

The final dress is from Collectif and is the perfect dress to recreate that 50s jive look. I love the full skirt, perfect for swirling around on the dance floor.
strictly come dancing
To finish the look you need the right shoes and these Dune dancing shoes are great. They look pretty similar to the ones I had as a kid when I used to have dancing lessons except mine were covered in gold glitter. Loved those shoes...

You need as much glitter as possible to sparkle on the dance floor and this snow glitter polish by Illamasqua will certainly help with that.

Finally, we all know you can't hit that Strictly dance floor without lashings of fake tan being applied ;) I love that Sophie Ellis-Bextor has refused to wear any this year, not even a little bronzer.

I'm Team Abbey this year but who do you want to win?

*This post is in conjunction with Gala Bingo and their X Factor slot game.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Such a creative post! I love the first dress - very 20s

    Emma x
    http://www.beautyandrags.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Collectif dress is lovely - I've never seen Strictly but I can imagine that would be nice for dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching Strictly, and aspiring to own each and every gorgeos dress that wafts by. I couldn't handle the shoes though. In fact, I would love to see a paralympian or wheelchair user on there next wear. I love the Collectif dress as I can't get enough of a but of rockabilly. Very flattering to. Great article, thank you :-)
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandaroundandupsidedown.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the frock and frill dress, it's beautiful! Just a little out of my budget! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be on Strictly. All those dresses {';'} Not to mention getting glammed up each week - I would be in my element :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch Strictly but I do love those dresses, especially the first and third ones! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.