Christmas Gift Guide for Men

By Gem - 10:57:00

I really enjoy writing my gift guides every year, they give me a chance to sit down and think about what I'm getting for everyone otherwise I just end up rushing into Boots and panic buying something. It can be hard to buy for male colleagues, brothers and dads. Coming up with something unique year after year can become difficult. Luckily, most men aren’t very particular about what you get them for Christmas, as long as it’s not another pair of socks. What do you buy for a younger brother? What do teenagers like, I don't know?! People always seem to find gifts for men tricky so I'm happy to help out with some ideas.


Christmas gifts for men
Posters from posterlounge.co.uk - If you have a brother living away in halls of residence or a teenager brother who locks himself away in his room then a poster could be a fun and inexpensive gift to brighten up their dingy den.

Traditional rounders set - Dotcomgiftshop - A bit of post-Christmas dinner rounders would be such a great idea. Burn off some some calories, have some family fun and get some fresh air because you know you will end up sitting in front of the TV watching movies and scoffing Celebrations for the rest of the week.

Personalised decanter - Homewetbar - This would be a lovely gift for the sophisticated chap in your life. You can personalise it with an initial or add a letter so you know what's inside like a W for whiskey.

Submarine by Joe Dunthorne - I think this would make a perfect gift for a Dad, bother, boyfriend or anyone that's ever been a teenager really. It's one of my all time favourite books and I'm rather fond of giving it at a gift. It's about a boy called Oliver who is rather precocious teenager from Swansea. He's a bit of a self-styled social scientist, he spies on his parents and embarks on his first relationship with a girl called Jordana. It's highly funny and would make a great stocking filler. 

Journey on a steam train - Severn Valley Railway  - I normally get my brother gig tickets for Christmas or his birthday which means we get to spend some  quality time together on our own and bond a bit. It also means I get to do things that I wouldn't normally do like the time I took him to see Ke$ha and had the best time. Why not get some tickets to a play that your dad or partner would love and then you get a present/fun experience too ;) I think a journey on a steam train would be a fantastic gift for a grandfather or train enthusiast in the family.

iPad  cover - John Lewis - This would make a great gift for Marvel comic fan. If you know a relative is getting an iPad from Christmas this would be the prefect accessory. John Lewis is right next to the train station and always open late in Cardiff so I always drop in for those last minute presents ;)

With only a week to go are you all set for the big day?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.