Christmas gift guide for men 2012

By Gem - 17:17:00

I really enjoy writing my gift guides every year, they give me a chance to sit down and think about what I'm getting for everyone other wise I just end up rushing into Boots and Topman and grabbing something. It can be hard to buy for male colleagues, brothers and dads. What do you buy for a younger brother? what do teenagers like, I don't know?! People always seem to find gifts for men tricky so I'm happy to help out with some ideas.

christmas gift guide for men 2012 1
I think the kindle cover is a great present for a dad and you can chose a classic book of your choice (mine would be Sherlock Holmes) You could probably make something like this yourself too if you are crafty and on a budget.

The table tennis set is a fun present for someone in your family, you just clip the net onto your own table and voila, lots of Christmas day fun. Some of my best memories of Christmas involve playing games together like Frustration and Swingball, remember Swingball?

The alphabet mug is perfect for Secret Santa at work when you get someone you don't really know. Steve from HR can have an S mug, under a tenner, sorted!

Want to splash some cash on a loved one? This Paul Smith - Barbour collaboration jacket would make a really impressive gift. Waxed jackets are classic and if you get them rewaxed they can last a lifetime. You can get this coat from Jonathan Trumbull along with lots of other designer gifts for men.
christmas gift guides men 2012 2
I normally get my brother gig tickets for Christmas or his birthday which means we get to spend some  quality time together on our own and bond a bit. It also means I get to do things that I wouldn't normally do like the time I took him to see Ke$ha and had the best time. Why not get some tickets to a play that your dad or partner would love and then you get a present/fun experience too ;)

The Origins Travel buddy set is a great way to get the men in your life to look after themselves this winter. All the rain, wind and cold weather can play havoc with your skin and even the most rugged manly man could benefit from a bit of face wash and moisturiser.

I was never a huge fan of converse on guys, I love a nice pair of smart shoes. But have you seen David Tennant and what he wore when he was The Doctor? Swoon, swoon for all eternity. (I think I've mentioned Dr Who in at least 75% of posts this month)

I know it isn't even December yet but are any of you close to finishing your shopping for the festive period? I would like Matt Smith for Christmas wrapped up with a big bow, can any of you sort that for me?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Thank you for this, some much needed inspiration here!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to buy tickets as presents, as you say it's good to have time together although as its become a regular thing it meant I couldn't get out of getting my little sister 1D tickets, I'm just hoping so doesn't faint! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love an excuse to go to 1D, Zayn Malik in the flesh! haha x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting this! I do like the table tennis set! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Men are so hard to buy for! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that kindle cover, if I have a kindle cover that the one I would want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a table tennis set! Buggar the mister!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love how you can just clip it on to any table. Such a fun gift x

      Delete
  7. Thank you SO much for these ideas! My dad is so so sooo difficult to buy for - but these have given me a few ideas! I used to love swingball, maybe I'll buy that for the family? Hahah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swingball stayed in a corner of my garden rusting for years. Used to make my Barbie abseil down it...

      Delete
  8. Youuuuu diamond! Boys are so sodding difficult to buy for you're right. You've definitely given me some ideas for the tricky boyf. That table tennis set is adorable! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have a klever case for my kindle, they are so cool and well made too. you can get them through ebay too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to get some vintage pieces from eBay like metal cigarette boxes for smokers or old movie posters for moviegoers. They look fabulous and don't cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Table Tennis set looks fab.
    Once got given a poker set (cards, chips, green felt, etc) Very good

    Normally get a 5 year cycle electrical plan off my sister. Previous years = digital camera, portable dab radio, Tablet (cheap from South Korea - broke after 6 weeks...Avoid) Ipod....Argos Voucher.

    I buy her , brother in law and nephew and knew i was tougher to buy for so said I get them each a present and they get me one of above between 3 of them.

    I'm crap at shopping and normally give vouchers or money.
    My dad i used to get whisky and cigars (no longer drinks or smokes) so i actually added Sky Movies onto his Virgin tv package for 6 months. £19.50 a month and they chucked in a month free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great guide.We can also get varaiety of Christmas Gifts and Newyear Gifts at here......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.