Grew Up At Midnight- Topshop Jersey Dress

By Gem - 14:34:00

I've never been a huge fan of Topshop (despite working there for two years) because a lot of their dresses just don't pass the test of time. They are either covered in sequins that fall off or are a bit too fashion forward to wear for years after a trend had died. Recently Topshop have been stocking some great t-shirt and jersey dresses and I've picked up loads in a variety of colours. They are great for work with smart flats or on the weekend with some converse and a biker jacket.

IMG_0526

It's super cold at the moment so I layered up my latest Topshop dress purchase with my shirt I picked up in Brighton from Beyond Retro for a bit of a change from a plain black cardigan.

Maroon

Shirt: Beyond Retro
Necklace: Topshop
Ring: Topshop
Dress: Topshop
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington
Shoes:Clarks boots c/o Spartoo

skull ring

Picked this up in the Topshop sale for £2.50, bargain!
lace up wedge boots

Currently nursing the worlds worst hangover but had the best night out ever. You know it's a good night when it involves the police, a Morrissey look-alike and a heated argument about Britney Spears. Hope you are feeling better than me on this lovely sunny Sunday.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I adore this dress, do want it in red after recently picking it up in dark grey :) Oh wow it does sound an interesting night, hope your hangover goes away soon :(

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fancy the green one too, gone jersey dress mad!

      Delete
  2. This is such a good basic dress, it would go with a million things! I've been eyeing up a similar bottle green one. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these dresses! I have the green one and it's so comfortable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit and lovelovelove the ring!
    Cx

    www.shoppedanddroppped.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you styled the dress!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress/shirt combo, I'd never have thought of putting them together, but it really works xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your night out sounded MENTAL! Love how you have styled this, that shirt is awesome!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it was and I'm paying for it with the hangover from hell :(

      Delete
  8. thank-you for the comment my lovely,
    you look so purdy! urgh don't get me started about topshop's quality, it's terrible! someone told me their clothing is designed to last three months!
    lots of love,

    lily from red brick lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fab night! I love the checked shirt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this style of jersey dress, I have one in navy and black.. I want to buy all the colours! It looks great worn with the checked shirt :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely dress and easy to match up with anything. ^^v
    Nice! MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress! And love the necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this dress! I've got a question though; is it a little more sturdy in the waist than the cheaper brands? My other dresses with elasticated waists start to sag a little after a while :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's quite a loose fit for a size 16 in Topshop. You might be able to szie down. I've washed it a few times and it doesn't feel any more baggy x

      Delete
  14. Cute dress. You are looking great :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never knew you used to work in Topshop Gem, I must admit I'm not a Topshop kinda girl, I don't think I've ever bought in Topshop brand new- only in charity shops.
    That dress is indeed lovely though xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.