F&F Winter Coat

By Gem - 14:46:00

With the weather turning distinctly chilly and weather warnings issued for this weekend a biker jacket really isn't going to cut it anymore. I've finally caved in a dug out my hats, gloves and chunky knits to keep out the cold.

This rather lovely coat comes from F&F at Tesco and features contrasting sleeves, hessian and wood toggle fastenings and a hood. I'm always on a look out for winter coats with a hood as it's hard work trying to get an umbrella out of your bag when you have gloves on. The reason I really love this coat is because it reminds me of Oliver Tate from my favourite book and film Submarine. He wears a rather lovely navy coat with toggles in the film and I've been on the hunt for one just like that for ages.

DSC_0424

Sookie joined me in the garden for some posing.

Coat: c/o F&F
Skirt: New Look
Necklace: Punky Pins
Black winter Boots
: Clarks
T-shirt: Horrors band merch

f&f duffle coat

I love the classic appeal of a duffle coat which grew in popularity when they were issued to members of the Navy in WW1 and WW2. The wooden toggle-fastenings were made to be easily fastened and unfastened while wearing gloves in cold weather at sea and the oversized hood offered enough room to wear over a Naval cap.

I'm off to the #BathXmasMeet on Saturday and the Clothes Show Live on Sunday. Will I be seeing any of you guys there? I'm really looking froward to getting all dressed up and having the chance to do some reading on the train back from Birmingham. Hopefully I will have time to squeeze in some Christmas shopping too as I still have a few gifts to get. I've found a new site which has helped me save loads on Christmas presents with discount codes called Voucherbox. I have signed up for ASOS discount code alerts on there which I have made full use of. The more I save on presents means the more I can spend on myself right? ;)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Loevly coat - F&F have done pretty WELL with their recent offerings, in my opinion. Just picked up a whole new outfit from their sale at lunchtime for £20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargain! wish there was a store I could browse locally but the online store is pretty good.

      Delete
  2. very nice coat :) love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been hunting for a coat with a hood forever and it was Tesco that came up trumps for me too! I got a checkered duffle coat. The hood on mine is MASSIVE not complaining cause in these chilly winds in Scotland it certainly does the trick. Even better I had vouchers so was only £20!

    http://adventureswithcupcake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Sookie looks very dignified here, nice profile pose! Hope you had a lovely weekend. Love the tartan skirt!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cutie isn't she? :) Had a lovely weekend thank you, hope you did too!

      Delete
  5. These winter coats look really great on you. I got an awesome coat for myself at Burlington. They had so many to choose from and I love their prices. I totally didn't need to, but I ended up buying two of them because I couldn't decide and the prices were really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh Oliver! He is so lovely. Liam was watching a film with him in and he had an american accent last week. Not quite so alluring. <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.