Sugar high

By Gem - 14:29:00

All I've done since finishing work at 6pm on Friday is eat cake and drink rum punch. I feel sick and don't want to see another slice of cake for at least a month (unless you have Welsh cakes because I could eat one of those right now) I've been off work all weekend, not replied to any emails and barely been online, bliss!

I went out out Friday night to celebrate the end of exams with friends. I've not had an exams since 2008, any excuse to party right? Me and my friends have been planning this bank holiday weekend for ages so I treated myself to a new outfit for Friday night in town.

Jubilee

The playsuit is from the new Kelly Brook range at New Look and I love it! I had some money left on a gift card and used a mates student (ID very naughty or me) so I only payed about £20 for it. It came with a lovely belt but unfortunately the same size belt came with all the playsuits and was way too small for me. Don't you hate it when that happens? so I added a Primark belt which I got for £1. The shoes were super high wedges that I picked up for £16 in Primark and I manged to walk in them all night.

SANY5602

Rum punch! polished off a lot of this myself.


SANY5612

Drinking games are never a good idea.

I spent Saturday shopping, going for lunch and watching loads of Arrested Development episodes.
Sunday was the day of the Cardiff Blogs Jubilee Big Lunch, the weather was awful but luckily the lovely owner of Pettigrew Tea Rooms let us have a picnic/indoor party in the room above the tea rooms. There was so much food and all my favourite Cardiff bloggers in one place, I had a lovely time and went home with more food than I took with me.


SANY5622

I took lots of left over food to a friends house and had another picnic, I didn't realise it was possible to eat that much food in one day.

jubilee indoor picnic

Hope you had a lovely weekend and aren't in a state of hangover/sugar comedown like me!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. You look gorgeous in that play suit girl! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That playsuit looks lovely on you! I love the new Kelly Brook range, might have to pick up a few bits myself :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the range is lovely! some weird sizing though on the dresses. Huge on the bust but small on the stomach. Deffo need to try them all on in store x

      Delete
  3. oh, this playsuit and the red belt go so perfect together :) love it, you look adrable! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab, sounds like you've had a busy, but great weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gem you look TINY. That playsuit is so gorgeous on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) going to wear heels more, they make my posture way better so no slouching x

      Delete
  6. Love that playsuit, it fits you perfectly! Looks like you had a lovely weekend too, I'm hungover too watching MiB! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going to go home after work, have a chinese and watch Game of Thrones :)

      Delete
  7. This playsuit is lovely on you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your look fantastic and that punch looks amazing. Im glad you had a great time xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so much punch this weekend, got a headache! xx

      Delete
  9. You look gorgeous in that playsuit.
    It looks like you had a great weekend. Its good to see that people didn't let the miserable weather ruin it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your playsuit!! It really suits you. Looks like you have had a lovely weekend. I love picnics :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Proof that playsuits can look lovely (I was a little sceptical!). Sounds like you've had a great weekend too - I have been very lazy this weekend but I think I needed it! Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gemma you look lovely! That playsuit is gorgeous and you are a better woman than me for lasting in those heels all night. IM-PRESS-IVE. ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going to wear this outfit to B'ham in July :) xx

      Delete
  13. Loving the playsuit, you are look slim trim!! :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're looking amazing Gem! The playsuit is lovely, very pin up style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ate so much at an indoor picnic earlier I can't eat my tea!

    You look amazing in that playsuit. I don't want to be crude but you're filling it out very nicely, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sick even thinking about food after this weekend. Haha thanks, felt very much like Kelly Brook in it x

      Delete
  16. I just discovered your blog and I love it :) ! You look amazing, I really like your playsuit ! (sorry for my bad english, I'm french, yihaa ^^). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look effing gorgeous that playsuit is perfect on you. :] I spent the day having a tea party at my house that started off all grownup with china tea cups, rose wine and cake and ended with me led on the sofa eating party rings and swigging coke from the bottle :] XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I was drinking rum from a tea pot on a club on Friday, not very classy haha xx

      Delete
  18. That playsuit looks gorgeous on you, it's lovely!
    Homemade punch has been the cause of many of my hangovers over the years haha! It always seems like such a good idea at the time, but results in a very sore head the next day! Looks like you've had a fab weekend.

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing in that playsuit !
    Looks like you had a great weekend :)


    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the playsuit! You look so tiny slim!
    Glad you had a fab weekend =)
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whit woo! You look stunning in that playsuit!
    The rum punch looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look AMAZING, so jealous of your gorgeous figure right now!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. The playsuit looks gorgeous on you Gemma! The indoor picnic looks really fun :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  24. that playsuit looks fab on you! and that rum punch looks rather yummy too. is that ring of fire you were playing? best game haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! with Crosskeys college rules (basically, drink the whole time) xx

      Delete
  25. So happy and fun!
    -----
    Want fashionable pearls? Click here for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look stunning in your playsuit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! was a bit worried about getting my legs out but it's summer!

      Delete
  27. NICE PINS! You look GORGEOUS! Love the floral playsuit and ol' Kelly is silly with her belts, the primark one probs looks better anyway : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this playsuit, I had no idea Kelly Brook had a new range out. I used to love her underwear at New Look = best ever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look amazing in that playsuit bb! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.