Dancing on my own

By Gem - 22:13:00

Term is finally over and it's eerily quiet in work. All the students have gone home so Cathays is like a ghost town, very odd. It does mean that I work 9-5 instead of 10-6 so I have more time in the evening to myself. I have joined the gym (shocking behaviour) and I've been reading some great books (some trashy ones too). Got any book recommendations for me?

I feel like I can be a little more casual in work over the summer because there aren't many people in so I wore some shorts and converse today, nice and comfy.

casual, shorts, new look, floral jumper,


Jumper: New Look
Shorts: Primark
Shoes: Converse c/o Spartoo

SANY5703


Been enjoying some quality time with Sookie and watching loads of E! with my brother, loving my three day weekends. I'm not going to spend my whole summer at home though, going to see Marina and the Diamonds (eeek!) and Kate Nash next week.

SANY5709


I'm going out with some lovely people from work this weekend to Jamie's Italian in Cardiff and I've got a 30th birthday party to go to. Just need to decide what to wear now...

p.s. got lots of ASOS Curve things on ebay

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Love the jumper and your doggy is a cutie :)

    Laura
    mee-and-thee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Sookie! Love your outfit :) I've got loads of books to take on holiday, most excited to start reading The Snow Child and The Night Circus (although they are both hardbacks so are taking up plenty of room in my case!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shorts lady. Have you read The End of Everything by Megan Abbott? It's one of the best I've read in ages xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not read it but is now on my library list!

      Delete
  4. Your dog is so cute! If you like dystopian fiction, I've just finished a book called 'Delirium' by Lauren Oliver which is fantastic :) x
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sookie is adorable, and you look gorgeous Gem! As for joining the gym- you go girl, I'm sure you will enjoy it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always really quiet where I live when students go home for summer. Nights out and things are completely different.

    And Hi doggie again! So adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are enjoying the quiet time at work, and relaxing a little =)
    Sookie is too adorable!
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great, I love this slightly more casual look and Sookie is ADORABLE

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww snookie is a gem! I can't believe how skinny you're looking Gem. You really do look absolutely amazing!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cute outfit, also I would like your job please :)

    I just read Astonishing Splashes of Colour - interesting book!!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw how cute is that little ginger cat! love the print on your top :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMMM JAMIES ITALIAN!
    i love the trufffled turkey :)
    cute outfit, especially love the converse!
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I keep on looking at the menu trying to decide what to have and what wont be too bad on my diet but it all sounds amazing.

      Delete
  13. mmm i love going to jamie's italian!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking super cute in your Converse! Good for you for joining the gym, I joined a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to go yet, so hard getting the motivation up to go after a long day at work! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking super cute! Do you like fantasy/adventure books? My all time favourite books are by Robin Hobb- The Farseer Trilogy. Let me know if you do read them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nowt wrong with a trashy novel or two! My heart will always lie with chic lit : )
    Love your jumper here, I'm so obsessed with florals at the moment

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.