2011

By Gem - 14:39:00

January

I had my first Weight Watchers weigh in at the end of January and I have now lost 4 stone. I'm feeling much happier and confident and I want to maintain this loss in 2012.


February

I saw my favourite band of 2011, Frankie and the Heartstrings. I have also been loving Miles Kane, The Horrors and The Joy Formidable this year.


March

Me and four other lovely ladies started Where Are My Knees in March and we have been blown away by the support we have received. I wouldn't have lost the weight without this blog and support from the readers. We were also very lucky to win the Wales Blog Award for Best Lifestyle Blog and we were Highly Commended at the Cosmo Blog Awards. Thank you to everyone who supports us!


April

We finally sold our house in April (but we didn't move until June) I lived in my old house from the age of 11 so it was a little difficult to adjust to the move. Our new house needed a lot of renovation and we still aren't finished but it is getting there


May

I went to my first professional conference this year for librarians and library staff and visited Hay on Wye, May was a very book related month!

June

I went on a fabulous hen night for my uni friend Alex and to another work conference in one of my favourite places in mid Wales, Gregynog.


July

July was a really busy month. I went to Birmingham twice, once with my brother to see Ke$ha for his birthday and once for the Birmingham Bloggers Meet where I met some lovely ladies and had one of my favourite nights out of the year. I also attended the wedding of my friend Alex down in Hampshire and stayed in a hotel that had a zoo.


August

August was just as manic as July and I went on holidays to Torquay with some of my best mates and had an amazing time. Brixham was gorgeous and it was a lot like Caravan Club on The Inbetweeners. I went to the Bristol Bloggers Meet up and celebrated my birthday with friends.


September

I went back to work in September after having the summer off and went to the craziest hen night with an 80s theme. Lots of vodka jelly and cocktails were consumed!



October

October was another fun filled month with trips to London to see Britney and to attend the Cosmo Blog Awards. I also organised a meet up and event for bloggers in South Wales and went to the wedding of the year, Sarah's wedding really did rock.

November

I relaxed in November and spent quality time with my friends.

December

December has been lovely, I've had lots of Christmas dinners, a trip to Bristol for the Bloggers Christmas party and time off from work to spend with my family and the dog.

2011 has been a fantastic year and I'm looking forward to what 2012 has to offer. I already have tickets to see The Horrors and a trip to the Plus London Two meet up planned.

What has 2011 been like for you and what big plans do you have for 2012?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. A hotel that had a zoo?! That sounds like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, a lovely year! Best wishes for 2012!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brill post! Congratulations on your weight loss :-) happy new year xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post :) Lovely to see all your year, I wish you lots of luck and love for 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got a lovely figure now, you can really show it off with a waist belt. Well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you on the weight loss! Looks like you had a great year!

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done on all your hard work you are looking fabulous! love reading your blog especially as its mostly cardiff orientated! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. seems like you've had an amazing year! it seems as jam packed as I think life should be! Hoping you have a great 2012 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to have met you, you are such a wonderful girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing year... glad to have met you in 2011 :) Hope 2012 is just as fun, and hopefully we'll meet again at some sort of event soon :)

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. its clear to see you've had a brilliant year, hope you have a wonderful 2012 as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your year looks like it's been amazing! Dead jealous of your tickets to see the Horrors, bloody love Faris. Happy new year, Gem (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a busy year you have had! And you look amazing after your weight loss! Go you! I didn't realise how much you lost!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab year! Your weight loss is very inspirational, I hope I can loose a little bit this year. I hope 2012 brings you lots of happiness Gem xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.