Light the lamp, not the rat, light the lamp, not the rat!

By Gem - 00:38:00

Stuffed, sleepy, happy.
I have had such a lovely weekend and I really didn't think I would. It is our first Christmas in the new house which still isn't finished, there are loads of bare walls and the oven was only fitted a day before Christmas. I have really settled in now and most of upstairs is now complete which means less dust and boxes of my clothes and trinkets have been brought out of storage. I feel much more comfortable now I am surrounded by all of my things.

I saw all my old school friends and my best friend on Christmas eve for our annual meet up that has become a bit of a tradition. We judge all the small town people but we are just a tragic as them, find out who has had a baby, drink a lot and dance to Ignition by R. Kelly. My town is such a happening place.

I was very lucky this year and had some wonderful gifts, lots of Lancome and a lovely Laura Ashley clock from my brother. There are no babies in our family so my dog Sookie is so spoilt, she got loads of presents and ate a Christmas dinner. She couldn't wait for her dinner so she stole a carrot, ate it on my bed and left bit all over my room for me. Isn't she thoughtful?

Such a little madame!


This was my attempt as jazzing up the house for Christmas, no amount of table confetti can distract from the bare walls and concrete floors but you have to make an effort don't you?


 If table confetti can't help hide the fact that your house is a mess just drink cider. Lots of cider.


I have spent all Boxing day putting things away in my wardrobe, painted my cupboard and filled it and stuffed my Primark hanging storage with make up and jewellery. I really enjoyed this, I need to have time off from work more often. I've got loads done and I can't wait to be able to find all of my things quickly. It takes forever to get ready when all of your things are in storage boxes or suitcases. I love that all of my things are nice and organised. (I am aware that my stance on storage is uncool)


No skirting board yet :(
I had to get dressed today even though I vowed to stay in my pj's for most of the festive period because we had a major Christmas disaster. We ran out of cream!! I did take my new slippers off when I left the house though. I picked this playsuit up in a charity shop for £3 and I never really wear it, I always feel a tad odd in playsuits.


I added a little festive glitter to my nails with my new fave polish, disco ball by Rimmel. The photo doesn't really pick up how lovely it is. It has a subtle holographic glitter with big chunks of blue and pink glitter.

Anyway, enough talk about storage and table confetti from me. How was your Christmas?


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Aww, your dog is such a cutie :)
    I love your playsuit, you should definitely wear it more often. The nail polish is lovely too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should wear that playsuit more often; you look great in it!

    Hope you're having a great week!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha sookie stealing the carrot is hilarious! such a little tinker. glad you had a lovely christmas :) bare walls don't matter when you're with family xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. my christmas was lovely thanks! :)
    didn't feel too christmassy because it was almost warm outside!
    glad you had a good weekend, hope santa brought you everything you wanted! :)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lie you had a lovely Christmas!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Sookie's such a cutie! Looks like you had a lovely Christmas.
    That playsuit is gorgeous, you should wear it more often! Although I do agree about feeling a bit weird in playsuits, and it's such a palaver to get undressed when you need to use the toilet haha!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fab Christmas, and Sookie is so cute!! Yes lots of cider sounds like a plan. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love storage! The play suit really suits you and your dog sounds like such a cutie! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice on the Brothers, have you tried the toffee apple flavour?
    And me and my friends do EXACTLY the same, yet we'll gossip about "the old" days when we're together so really we're just as bad as the village people!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww lol, your dog is so cute. Look at the doggie opening it's presents, how adorable, I really want to wrap some cat nip for my cats now to see if they'll try and bite into and open it themselves. I love the picture of your dog eating the carrot as well hehe, so cute.

    I love to be organized too and it looks like you did a great job with your closet. Also, you can't go wrong with cider.

    You look adorable and Happy Holidays once again.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha to your dog with the carrot in the mouth.. amazing!
    I love your playsuit too.. what a bargain!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a christmas full of fun and frolics, which is exactly how it should be!

    Really like the outfit, I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to playsuits, but you've styled it to perfection....I even like the added touch of the slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies, Sookie is such a naughty girl but so cute I can never tell her off!

    Hope 2012 is fab for all of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum yum, Brothers cider and glittery nail varnish..love it!
    xxx

    www.inordinatelyplush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha your dog looks like she is having a fantastic time! I love the playsuit and sparky nail polish. I always think everything is what you make it. Glitter and cider has to be the perfect way to add festive cheer (despite the lack of skirting boards and bare walls).

    ReplyDelete
  17. This reminds me that I need to pop to Asda and make sure I get some brother cider for NYE! Love the stuff! What a cutie Sookie is!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dog is such a cutie, your presents sound lovely :-). I have the same stance on storage ;-). Hope you have a great NYE! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.