Leopard Love

By Gem - 21:08:00

Another work outfit here as I've not been anywhere exciting this week. It's a Friday so I'm a little more casual than I would normally be dressed for work. I usually wear block colours but leopard is more fun for the weekend. I don't think I look like a librarian/library assistant but that is probably a good thing. I should have worn tights because my feet have been cold all day! brrrr. Do you have a dress code at work or dress down on Fridays?



Dress: Primark
Shoes: New Look
Cardigan: Evans
Necklace: F21

It is so busy in work at the moment and I'm on my feet all day and these New Look shoes do nothing but  rub. I need some nice wide fitting shoes to wear to work. I need to stop wearing cheap pumps and invest in some more comfy ones like these ones from Viva La Diva:

I love the lace detail on this dress, it makes it look much less Primark.


I got this necklace aaages ago from Forever 21 when I was at the Birmingham Blogger Meet Up way back in  July. I forgot all about it and found it under my bed this week!


My skin has been so bad recently, I think all the dust in the house from the renovation has not been helping and I drink far less water and eat less fruit in the winter.(Summer fruit is way better, strawberries and peaches mmm) So along with trying to drink more water I have also tested out some cleansers to see if I can get rid of my skin problems.

First up is the Liz Earl Hot Cloth Cleanser. I love this cleanser, you can take all your make up off with it and it leaves my skin super clean. The only down side is that you need to wash the cloth after a few uses and I forget and have to wait until we do a white wash to use it again.


Next is Angels on Bare Skin from Lush. This is a great, affordable everyday cleanser. It is slightly grainy so it removes all the dirt from my skin and is a natural product so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The only negative issue with this product is that is has a use by date, I need to use it by the end of December but there is loads left. I must remember to use it every morning and night.


I have noticed a slight improvement but I'm going to keep on using them to see how well they work after a month or two.
What are your favourite skin care products and skincare brands? Got any top skin care tips?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. That's a lovely dress, the lace detailing on it is really pretty :)It's nice to change things up on a Friday! I've heard good things about Lush's angels on bare skin but am yet to try it myself! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous, leopard print is my favourite!
    I really want to try out some Liz Earle products, they always seem to get great reviews. I'm so lazy when it comes to skincare, I really need to work out a proper routine and actually stick to it!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty :) the necklace is lovely too!

    I use a lot of Clarins face washes which are pretty good but my Mum swears by Liz Earle...I'm hoping to give some of that a try soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress :] I wouldnt have know its primarni at all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I always opt for leopard print on dress down fridays aswell, I swear my work colelagues think I moonlight as bet lynch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need your shoes! I really recommend clinique's general scrub that also doubles up as a mask. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable dress, I love the lace deets. Most office type jobs I've had let you dress down on Fridays but I've had office jobs in the past that you could dress down everyday.

    My skin has been a pain in my ash lately too, I really want to try one of Lush's skin cleansers but have yet to do so. My only skin care tip is I notice how much better my skin feels when I wash my face with a warm washcloth and use moisturizer immediately afterwards. I hope your skin issues clear up, I know how frustrating it can be, I've had on and off skin issues since I was 13. Blah, will it ever end?

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty girl! You look gorgeous gem!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only down side is that you need to wash the cloth after a few uses and I forget and have to wait until we do a white wash to use it again.

    Hahaha, this is exactly what always happens to me with this product too! I have about 6 cloths for this exact reason (you can order a pack of them off QVC if you're interested!), and still manage to run out!

    missish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lush, I adore their pretty in pink bath bomb, ultimate girly experience.^^

    Stop by my blog when you have a chance.
    http://lolitafatshion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not going to lie, I am totally having a Kat Slater phase at the moment. I NEED more leopard print in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love leopard print, and the lace detailing really makes it. Great outift, I wish I could look this good for work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that dress Gemma!
    We have blouses that we've got to wear, we all just wear black trousers or skirts with them as there isn't really a lot else that you can wear with a pink blouse! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your dress! I still think it's quite a smart outfit too actually. I'm lucky and don't have a dress code (apart from no shorts or flip flops, randomly!) at work.

    Ignore the use by date on the Angels on Bare skin - I've used one that was about 6 months out of date and I noticed no difference in it. I switched to Aqua Marina this time round, it's essentially the same thing but it's not grainy. Think I prefer it. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab dress! I'm thinking of wearing a leopard print dress to the xmas meet. :) Avene is good for sensitive skin. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. soooo cute!!! I love this gorgeous dress on you!

    And how rad is Lush! I really like their chocolate face mask for oily skin :)

    Olivia :) x
    Wait Until The Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so pretty, I love that outfit, Sadly I can't get away with anything that deosnt entail some sort of thermal attire over here in Norway since its into the minus's for Winter already...

    Love AOBS, I got some last year and had to use it twice a day to make sure I actually got through it as I found I only needed to use a tiny bit

    ReplyDelete
  18. was definitely shocked to see that dress was from primark! it looks fab on you :) and definitely doesnt look primarni! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so nice, love the pattern lace combo, I really need to go to lush xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Charlene- Thanks for the tip!

    @British Girl in Norway- I needed some termals today, its soo cold and I lost my gloves :(

    @Emma- Need to watch QVC to get more wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That dress is gorgeous, leopard print is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.