60s

Pan Am Glam

By Gem - 22:28:00

I'm ill, cold and fed up(whinge) and I long for some glamour and sunshine. I blame Pan Am for the hours I've spent today looking at holidays in various exotic locations. I'm loving the show so far, it's no hard hitting drama but it's fun and oh so pretty.There is something for everyone: handsome pilots, gorgeous vintage fashion, espionage and exciting locations like Monaco and New York.

credit credit


I then started to plan what I would need for a perfect early 60s inspired holiday (yes really, I don't have a life)
I found the perfect plus size swimsuit with a retro feel. I want to lounge around the pool with my Jackie O glasses on, drinking a martini and listening to all those amazing bands from the 60s.



I went out today (after faffing on the internet for hours) and was inspired by Christina Ricci  (doesn't she has lovely big eyes?) to create a 60s inspired make up look and this is my attempt-



I suppose I should I have gone for nude lips but nevermind. I used my Lancome Art Liner, MAC Russian Red lipstick and Avon brow pencil. I was trying to get the Liz Taylor eyebrow look but it ended up a little more scouse brow.

Are you dreaming of a holiday in a warmer climate? Do you spend hours online when you should be doing something more important? Tumblr is a total life stealer, I love looking at Harry Potter/Mean Girls photos.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Your eyebrows look great :) Such a good look Gem :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous make up! I'm always seem to be faffing about on the net when I should be doing something else! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 60s makeup but I can never get it right. Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this makeup. I've got Pan Am on series link so will be catching up asap! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red lips really suit you, I'malways thinking of holidays to warmer climates x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love PanAm so much, especially the different locations, but did you know it's actually all filmed in Brookylyn? Mad!

    Love your sixties make up :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so sorry to tell you this but PANam has been cancelled :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice - very pin up-y!

    I'm loving PanAm too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. no way def not scouse brow, i love them! you look incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Pan Am, too! I can't believe it's been cancelled :(!

    Hope you have a great weekend! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  11. apparently is hasn't been cancelled yet, it is still waiting to be picked up and there will be more episodes in the new year. Fingers crosssed! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted a retro swimsuit! Completely agree with you that Tumblr is a total life stealer, I'm always endlessly scrolling!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pan Am is yet another fabulous retro tv show that I blatantly need to start watching (my friends keep telling me off because I don't watch Mad Men - I've just not gotten round to it!)

    Love the Jackie O style sunnies - SO GLAM! And your makeup looks lovely - how perfect is your skin?! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not yet watched Pan Am, I may have to check it out though as it looks ever so glamourous!

    Your make-up looks lovely, your eyebrows look great!

    Leigh xx
    http://leightravers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with Pan Am ! The dresses that the hostesses wear are so so so beautiful and they fit them so well, I wish fashion was like that now !

    accessobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I visіted multіple ωеb ρаges exсеpt the audio featurе for аudio sоngs curгеnt
    at this website iѕ gеnuinely superb.
    My weblog : samsung galaxy note 2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.