May the odds ever be in your favour

By Gem - 13:10:00

What have I been up to the past week? Taking advantage of the 3 for 2 in Boots, listening to Marina and the Diamonds on repeat and catching up with old friends. Perfect!

I treated myself to some new products that had been recommended to me. The Real Techniques blush brush recommendation came courtesy of Caroline and I love it! I get a much better result by using this brush, a nice even sweep of colour and the brush doesn't break all my blush apart like my old cheapy one did. Well worth the tenner I paid for it.
I picked up the L'Oreal Super Liner on a bit of a whim, I went for golden black which has flecks of gold in it. It is easy to apply and comes with a little brush. Not tested to see if it stays on for 24 hours like the packaging says but it lasted pretty well.
Ultrabland from Lush has made a huge difference to my skin in the short time I have been using it. It gets rid of all the traces of make up on my face and has helped to sort out the dry patched around my nose and mouth. I think it is a tad pricey at £6 for the small tub and £10 for the bigger size but it does such a good job I will be buying this again when I run out.

real techniques, ultrabland, l'oreal

I gave in to the hype and bought a L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick in Sweet Berry. It doesn't have great staying power but leaves behind a nice tint. This shade is great for everyday wear and I have been wearing it to work, nice and subtle and doesn't dry out. I also bought the Super Liner Ultra Precision as an alternative to my Lancome Artliner. It's nice and dark and long lasting but it not as easy to apply or as black as my Lancome liner. It is half the price though and money is tight at the moment so I will be using all of it and trying not to cave in and spend so much on high end make up.

caresse, l'oreal, liquid eyeliner

I went to the cinema on Wednesday to finally see The Hunger Games which I loved. Quite true to the books and rather fun/teen not too much to think about, I also love Peeta now and am making loads of bread/camouflage based puns about him. I wore my Topshop midi dress, Topshop jacket and Missguided scarf to the cinema, really need to wear my midi more, it's so comfy and easy to throw on. I also rediscovered my F21 arrowhead earrings that I forgot all about and have been wearing them a lot the past week.

I've had a horrid migraine for a few days so I've been at home sleeping and watching Buffy in my Sunnydale t-shirt to make it better but managed to see my friends on Saturday and drink a few pomegranate vodkas mmmm!

buffy, pomegranate vodka, f21




P.S. Don't forget that I have a giveaway where you can win £50 to spend on FYFO and I'm selling a few lovely things over on ebay

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. how fab are lush skincare products!!?!?
    And your brows are so perfect- jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm in love1 such good results.

      Delete
  2. Oooo pomegranate vodka??
    Love those arrow head earrings!
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had chilli vodka too but wasn't quite so keen on that :)

      Delete
  3. I love lush products! And am totally in love with midi dresses. So comfy and easy to wear! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used Lush products in years. Do you use many more other than Ultrabland? I'd love to know what you think about some others.
    Han. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Angels on Bare skin too which I love, both leave my skin clean and soft. Need to go in and spend some time trying out new things in there x

      Delete
  5. I love Lush Ultrabland, and have probably repurchased it about 10 times now. Although it seems a bit expensive, it lasts ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a L'Oreal Caresse lipstick at the weekend, and was a bit miffed! I had to put loads of lip balm on as it was really drying :( Hope you feel better!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! much better now. Yeah, they are a bit weird. Nice colour but not a lipgloss or a lipstick or a balm. What are you Caresse?!

      Delete
  7. I like ultra bland to. All the massive amount of lush stuff I bought after christmas is running out at the moment but i'm trying to make it last! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh god I hope you're migraine gets better! My mum suffers from them really badly and I always thought mine were just bad headaches but yesterday was horrific, don't suppose you have any cures?
    And you can pull off a midi so well, darn you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boohoo no only sleep in a dark room helped me :(

      Delete
  9. I really like those arrowhead earrings, forever 21 has the best jewellery! :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I love Marina and the Diamonds too! Those earrings are gorgeous Gem and I'm loving seeing a little bit of makeup on you blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you like the blush brush :) i'm always worried that when i recommend something other people will hate it haha. i love your sunnydale t-shirt & pomegrante vodka sounds amaze! i'm loving all the peeta/bread memes on tumblr, so funny! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.