Reading Festival

By Gem - 19:30:00

I know it's a little early but I'm really excited about going to Reading festival this year! I have already been a few times before but some of my best friends are coming this time and quite a few of my favourite bands are on the line up so I'm getting a little carried away. I'm a little skint this year so I took advantage of the fact that you can pay for your tickets in instalments and I will be looking to wear things I already have. I don't really go on holidays, I'm more of a weekend break girl so I will allow myself a few new things to take with me as a treat. Most people have two weeks in the sun right? I can have a weekend in a muddy field with a nice new bag.

readingfestival_logo


I'm going to be looking for my festival essentials nice and early so I can pick things up in the sales or when there are discount codes rather than the week before when wellies and rainproof jackets are a nightmare to get hold of.

reading festival, topshop midi dress, biker jacket, wellies

Shoes: Giesswein Wellington boots these are nice and plain, patterned ones bug me because they wont match the rest of my outfit... I left my last pair of wellies at Reading because I was too hungover and tired to carry them home so now I have to get a new pair.
Jacket & Dress: Topshop. I already own both of these and need to get more wear out of them before they get to big so these are definitely coming with  me.

topshop shirt, burts bees, maccbees

Shirt: Topshop, this is great to wear on it's own and to layer up in the night when the temperature drops.
Moisturiser: Great all in one product and has spf in case we are blessed with some sun. Saves you carrying around two different products.
I always end up buying a band t-shirt from the merch stall at Reading and my favourite band The Maccabees are playing so I'm guessing I will get one of theirs. I always end up coming home with more things than I went with, there are some great Oxfam vintage goodies to find there too.

zatchel, denim shorts, reading festival

Bag: I'm on the lookout for a really nice bag to take to Reading that I can wipe clean. This Zatchels one is the perfect size for a bit of cash, lip balm and stage times. £40 is a bit expensive but these bags are handmade in the UK and are made from leather so will last for years.
T-shirt: I love everything on The Orphan's Arms shop and I hope this t-shirt makes its way to the festival with me. They sell them on ASOS so I'm holding out for a discount code.
Shorts: Denim shorts are always a must for me when it comes to festivals. You can wear them more than once and they wont get ruined in the mud. Perfect!

Are you going to any festivals this year? Got any tips for bands I should see at Reading?

P.S. selling a few bits over on ebay in sizes 16-22

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I love festival dressing, I remember the time I went to Leeds Festival without wellies which resulted in me having the fork out £30 for a pair whilst I was there. Definitely worth planning what to wear before you go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always make sure I have enough vodka and haribo but I'm going to be more sensible this time :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always come home with more then I went with at Leeds festival, just can't resist that Oxfam tent! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love love love to go to a festival this year!
    Good idea planning ahead - hope you have a blast!
    Sera x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your picks- especially the Topshop shirt!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shirt is on my 'to buy' list might see if I can find a cheap vintage on on ebay first though and just tie it up x

      Delete
  5. ohhh I went to leeds last year and i was so cocky - I was like "I dont need wellies or clothes i'm saving all the room in my bag for my hair extentions and wine"
    oh my fuck i was wet and muddy and cold.
    Do pack well Gem - it looks like you have the right idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I did that a faw years ago, only took some lace up boots and they broke and had to get wellies. I always pack my drink and make up but will make sure I pack warm and waterproof things this time xx

      Delete
  6. I'm not going to any festivals this year, but I wish I could see The Gaslight Anthem at Leeds! Will maybe think about getting a day ticket depending on what other bands are announced. Will you be seeing them at Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw them two years ago? don't really know much about them though. I usually stay at the Festival Republic stage and the NME tent and don't to anywhere near the Lock up tent. Going to try and see some bands I wouldn't normally see this year and maybe check out some comedy on the Alternative stage.

      Delete
  7. oooh have fun! I've actually never ever been to a festival which is odd as I'm an indie/emo angsty at heart. Really love the topshop checkered shirt

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get a day ticket one year and give it a go :) xx

      Delete
  8. Grimes is playing!!! I <3 her =] xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh great festival outfits :) I'm with you, I prefer plain wellies to patterned ones!! Unfortunately not going to any festivals this year and I know I'm going to be really jealous when they all start :(

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as me last year, watched it all on iplayed from the comfort of my bedroom though :) x

      Delete
  10. oo I love this & that jacket is fab. I had wellies like that but were from Tesco & broke when I was at Leeds last year. First time in 4 years I won't be going to Leeds fesitval :( here's to you having an immense time & looking amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I didn't go last year and was a bit gutted. Want to go a few more times before I'm too old and can't get it off work x

      Delete
  11. Love your collection!!! Some of the outfits are my favorite style!!! (The red shirt is the one that I'm always expecting to own!!!:D)

    Maybe it will help you too!!!ray ban sunglasses !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.