Fat Frocks wears A/W Joules collection

By Gem - 11:04:00

Dress: c/o Joules - Bag: Zatchels -Shoes: Topshop - Cardigan: Joules - Necklace: Pandora (gift)

I've been really looking forward to sharing these photos with you for a couple of reasons. Joules are definitely one of my favourite brands (Martyn says that it's very Librarian so that suits me to a tee). The photos were taken by the lovely Ella from She & Life whilst we strolled around Tredegar House. Tredegar House is an impressive Grade I listed Restoration period house with beautiful grounds, well worth a visit if you're in South Wales. The photos are much better than anything I could have captured with my camera and remote.


Joules was started in the 1980s, selling country clothes at equestrian events and country shows to more ‘urban’ customers. The company established a colour-led theme so it's country clothing was practical but still fun and stylish. Joules are currently celebrating their 25th year in business (their Joules Jubilee) and I think that their success can be attributed to their attention to detail in things like hand drawn prints and a commitment to a British country heritage look.



The lovely tunic dress like the Annette dress I'm wearing is cut to sit below the knee, it perfect for tall girls and sits mid calf on me (I'm 5ft 5.5). I love the slightly longer length which makes it very work appropriate and demure. I love the high neckline which means I don't need to wear a slip underneath and polka dots are definitely my favourite print, I must have over 10 items in my wardrobe in this pattern.


My shoes are a well worn pair from Topshop, I wore flats because Ella and I went for a walk but this dress would look great with some heeled boots or some red heels.

The Tansy yellow/mustard cardigan is so soft and warm. I love the pointelle detail to the front and the added cashmere makes it feel very luxurious.

If you liked these photos and you're looking for a photographer in South Wales for any type of event make sure you contact Ella.

What are your favourite items from the Autumn/Winter collection at Joules? Are you a fan of the country look?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love this outfit on you and Ella's photos are great. Joules is one of those brands I always want to have a look at, but so many of their dresses are jersey, which I'm not a fan of, or shift styles, which I'm not convinced suit me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous dress, and I love the navy paired with red it's so classy!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really lovely - reminds me a lot of Clara Oswald on Doctor Who with your red satchel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that outfit! I have a blue dress with white collar and polka dots and I always pair it with a mustard cardigan, they go so well together. Those shoes are lovely too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've never worn any yellow or mustard before so I'm glad you like it x

      Delete
  5. Love these photos, they're gorgeous! You are a lovely lady and that whole outfit is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gemma you look gorgeous! To be honest I had always thought the same about Joules (library esque) but someone had their latest catalogue/lookbook/thing at work and some of the stuff for autumn looks gorgeous! I love this dress too, and the shoes you've styled it with are rather cute.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think all their bold colours make the clothes fun and they all fit so nicely. I've got a few Joules dresses now and always get compliments when I wear them xx

      Delete
  7. Love your look, I'm after some work clothes and that dress would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely beautiful here Gem, Joules suits you down to the ground!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous, I've said it on FB, but had to come and say it here as well! Great photos too. I like Joules. I've noticed that Sainsbury's clothing has gone quite 'Joules' this season. P x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit! Beautiful combination of flavors! These photos are amazing! I love taking photos but I'm just an amateur.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gem you look so lovely!! And very librarian - but Sookie would have fitted in perfectly with these shots too :) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.