Happy As Can Be - She likes dress

By Gem - 10:20:00

I've had this dress in my wardrobe for nearly a month now and just not had the right occasion to wear it and didn't really know what to pair it with. I wanted to wear it with a t-shirt but it didn't look right with the mesh panel so I dug out my favourite smart blouse and come up with a slightly St Trinian's look. My old school uniform was black and white and the addition of a satchel definitely made me feel like a school girl. I have suffered through both new St Trinian's movies just because Paloma Faith and David Tennant are in them and I adore both of them.The dress is a bit of a bargain for £20 and would look great with a blazer and I might even try wearing a ribbon tied under my collar when I wear it next time.

IMG_2284

Dress: c/o She Likes
Blouse: ASOS
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins (old)
Bag: c/o Zatchels
Shoes: New Look via ASOS

IMG_2292

I've been on the hunt for these shoes for ages. They sold out in my size in New Look online and I couldn't find any in store but I discovered them on ASOS and snapped them up straight away. They are the perfect height, have a nice sturdy heel and will go with everything. They were also only about £17 with a discount code and I know they will get a lot of wear. I've got the bug for court shoes again now after years of flat shoes and fancy a pair of French Connection Juines.

IMG_2294

The post title is borrowed from this song which reminds me of my trip to New Zealand a few years ago. I've been listening to it in the sunshine in my back garden with the volume turned up really high.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Gemma you're looking gorgeous! Cannot wait until Cardiff!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woooo party time! I have many things planned :)

      Delete
  2. Love the dress, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, that really works using a blouse underneath. Instead of ribbon, how about a 'Kentucky Tie'? Try BJs Western Wear online, that's where I got one!

    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh love that idea, just seen a few on ebay too. Thanks x

      Delete
  4. I have those shoes! Twice! They're my absolute favourites. I wish they'd make them in a load of colours.

    Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with that necklace! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish school uniform had actually been this stylish! Love this outfit a lot xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, love the necklace!

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this dress with the shirt. You look so cute! Wish I looked this stylish when I was a schoolgirl ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! That necklace is amazing and those heels are the perfect daytime height :)

    You look lovely.

    Eve xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes when crocheting a pattern, a video can be much more helpful than
    reading the instructions. The intent was for PDF files to provide a way to distribute documents electronically and have
    them display or print consistently regardless of
    the type of computer system. Its easy-to-use format allows anybody to search for
    their favorite books online.

    Feel free to visit my weblog - free pdf ebook download

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.