Idealo Spring Dress Challenge

By Gem - 15:59:00

When I was offered the chance to take part in the Idealo Spring Dress Challenge I was allowed to pick any dress that I thought summed up Spring. I looked at pastels, the tribal prints and sports luxe trends that are on the high street at the moment and they really aren't for me. I don't have a Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter wardrobe. I live in south Wales so we don't really have a summer... I like to wear my dresses all year round but add more layers and black tights for winter.

I eventually decided to go with this dress from Monsoon-


I thought the frills and floral design made it Spring like and feminine. I think this is a very classic dress that I will be able to wear all year round rather than a passing trend. I'm not quite brave enough to go completely bare legged so I popped some nude tights on and paired the dress with the heels I bought for a wedding last year.

monsoon dress

Sookie just returned from her walk and wanted a photo but she doesn't look too impressed.


navy blue heels

monsoon wrap dress, floral dress

I think this dress would also be great for my days off with my red pumps, black tights and a cardi or with a blazer and satchel for work.

What would your dream Spring dress be?

This dress was kindly provided by idealo.co.uk

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. This dress looks lovely on you! Such a pretty cut to it, and your dog looks like a sweetie!

    Bits & Bobs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks great on you! I wear dresses all year through, too. Personally i love a pretty tea dress or a long flowing maxi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress, it looks lovely on you. Great pick. I'd probably choose a dress with a tribal print in browns and oranges or animal print in the same hues! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks lovely, it's a really pretty print :) I love all the pastel shades around right now but until the weather gets a little warmer I'm relying on trusty print dresses :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! It looks stunning on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha look at Sookie, she looks to be ready for nap time. I love this dress by the way, the colors and the pattern are perfect for spring. I'm really loving the bird print that is everywhere right now. I think my dream spring dress would be something like this but I pretty much wear everything and anything I own all year around.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely dress, great choice Gem. It really really suits you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice, was so hard to narrow it down to this one xx

      Delete
  8. Love this dress and it looks gorgeous on you. I struggle to find the perfect spring dress as most of them are to short! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! The dress is lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are so lovely! Sookie's probably just jealous of you ;) I love florals, and the navy is the perfect compliment as well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw thanks! Sookie has a purple velvet collar with crowns on, think she's a princess haha xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene :) going to wear heels more often! x

      Delete
  12. Like I said on Facebook, you look gorgeous Gem!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG??!??!! I nearly didn't recognise you!! You are looking great Gem :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jaw is on the floor right now, you look AMAZING

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm the same as you, I just wear the same things all year round but with extra layers and different accessories depending on the season.
    This dress looks so lovely on you, the print is really pretty!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous dress on you, you look absolutely lovely and you are looking very slim lady!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this dress, v flattering style :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice! Monsoon have some stunning dresses in at the moment. Love the sort of ruffled front on this and the colour looks lovely on you

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This dress is gorgeous, I love the ruffles :) Dogs never want to look at the camera do they?! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely dress, I used to work in Monsoon when I was 16 (I just turned 30) and still have the clothes I got as uniform! They make fab stuff don't they?Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.