Skincare & Make Up favourites - Origins, Garnier & Lancôme

By Gem - 10:54:00

I can be a little boring when it comes to skin care and I stick to the same thing. I have been using Bioderma Sensibio H20, Estee Lauder Double Wear and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream for a couple of years now and I wanted to try out a few new things. I did a big Boots shop online with all my saved up advantage point and some online vouchers and went a little wild. 

This is what I bought and have been using for over a month:


This is a picture of Origins, Garnier & Lancôme skincare.

Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins  - £34
This is a photo of Origins high potency Night-A-Mins


This product smells good enough to eat! It's got a gorgeous orange scent and goes on easily and doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It provides great hydration and definitely banishes skin dullness leaving you looking and feeling refreshed. I have a lot of dry patches on my face and this really helps those areas appear more hydrated.

The minerals and vitamins that can be found in Night-A-Mins include Salicylic Acid (to help remove away surface dead skin cells), Fennel Seed (to tighten skin), Vitamin C (to fight free radicals), Vitamin H (to promote overall skin health), Calcium (to seal in moisture and defend skin against future dehydration), and Magnesium (to soothe dry skin). The relaxing aromas apparently lull you to sleep too.

I love this product and even though it's a little pricy I would buy it again. I know that this often comes in gift sets which retail for £40 with two other full size products so I will be stocking up at Christmas when they are available.


Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H - £28.50
This is a picture of Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H

I've been a Double Wear fan for years because I like a heavy foundation to cover my acne scars. I can never get quite the right match and I always end up wasting lots of product because it doesn't come with a pump. I wanted to try something with a less heavy look for the daytime and was recommended this product by a couple of bloggers on twitter.

Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H offers long-wear and comfort and I love that I don't need to use concealer and can just build this up over my acne scar areas. It gives me a even complexion, and a smooth shine-free finish. It's very bendable and there are 18 shades so there's no orange jaw lines going on anymore. I find it so hard to get the perfect colour match but I've found it in this product.

Although expensive, its lasts longer than double wear because of the pump. I can just release a small amount and not have loads spilling out.  I apply with my fingers then dab area which need more coverage with a bit more product. This foundation doesn't settle in any fine lines and unlike Double Wear which can look heavy this just makes you look like you have a slightly dewy (but not shiny) ans smooth skin. I will definitely be re-purchasing this.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - £4.99

I'm sure you've all heard of micellar waters by now - Bioderma kicked off the trend and the whole beauty world went mad for it. Its basically a water solution that breaks down makeup. Micellar waters are very gentle yet just as effective as traditional make up removers. I use this at night to get most of my make up of before using a cleanser.
Garnier's Micellar Cleansing comes in a 400ml bottle which is only 100ml less than a bottle of Bioderma but is much cheaper at only £4.99. This stuff works exceptionally well. I've been soaking a cotton pad with it and swiping it across my face - mainly concentrating on my eye area to remove any stubborn eyeliner and mascara. It melts my makeup away very quickly without a lot of rubbing and it doesn't have much of a fragrance which I like. There's not a great deal more I can say about this as its quite a simple product that's great to use as pre-cleanse (or when you're feeling a bit lazy, great for festivals) and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Verdict, the same as Bioderma but cheaper.

Can you recommend any skin care produts for dry skin or reducing the appearance of scars? I'm always looking to try something new.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Skin care products are one of those things I find something I like and then stick to. But you are right, it's good to try something else and you might just find something better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micellar water is fab! I love it. It works so much easier when removing stubborn make-up and no rubbing needed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for new (and easier!) ways to remove make up and I might have to try that micellar water. Sometimes a simple cleanse isn't enough! It's not a bad price either.

    Rachael from www.rachaelisnotwowzie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been wanting to try the Garnier Micellar Water...will definitely give it a whirl now!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE garnier micellar water, it's my favourite for removing makeup and dirt. I use that and my Proactiv toner and it helps keep my awful acne at bay.
    xo
    Stunningly Inept

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sound of that foundation, I will have to try it out!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to start using a night cream and I really love origins so going to pop over to there counter next time I am in Cardiff, so thanks for reminding me :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah it's interesting you use micellar before cleanser, as I always thought to use it after? I guess I must get it mixed up with toner, but I'm a big fan too! :) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Lancome foundation looks really good, I'm more of a high coverage person so it looks great for that. x

    Hannah

    themakeupjunkiesdiary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Garnier micellar water - one of my makeup staples it just makes removing makeup so easy and I like how gentle it is :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.