Introducing My New Home Pt.2

By Gem - 17:50:00

I shared a post a few weeks ago with some photos from my new house, mainly focusing on the bedrooms which I had spruced up with a bit of paint. I love my bedroom but it's no secret that I'm not that keen on the rest of the house. I've had a good old moan about it but it's rented so I can't really change the bits I don't like and people are in far worse housing situations than I am so I need to stop whinging. I think I'm far too used to seeing images of perfect houses on Pinterest with lots of white walls and fresh flowers everywhere but the majority of us don't live like that.

russell hobbs cream heritage kettle

I've tried to brighten up the kitchen as much as I can with pastel accessories and appliances and lots of the kitchenware I collected when I was at home.The tea/coffe//sugar jars came from Poundstretcher and were only £2 each and pretty much everything else came from Wilkinsons or a charity shop.

photo of russell hobbs cream heritage toaster

Even though this kitchen and all it's brown tiles isn't my favourite view I've been spending a lot of time in there rustling up tatsy food for me and Martyn. Fresh flowers and some new homeware from Debenhams like the cookbook stand and the cake tins make it a nicer space to be in.



he herbs were looking so good here, they are a bit yellow and dying at the moment, how can I rescue them/ Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

photo of herbs on a window

As much as I wanted to move into this house and plaster my sense of style all over it I couldn't really do that. Martyn had already been living here for a couple of years and it needed to reflect his personality too. I decluttered the wall full of gig posters in the kitchen and left the three nicest ones up and these were all gigs that Martyn's band Hipflask have played at.

One thing we definitely have enough of in our house is books and records. We have 3 huge bookshelves and that only houses about a quarter of what we have. I left the majority of my books at my mums house and I know that when I buy my own house I somewhere with two reception rooms so I can have one as a kind of library.

photo of my record collection

So anyway, that's my home. Not the grandest of abodes but I'm comfortable there.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Ahh I LOVE that little cartoon picture of you two, where did you get that from? I want one! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rai from http://www.blarglefargle.com did it for me, she accepts commissions :) xx

      Delete
  2. Im after similar tea and sugar caddies, found nice ones in home bargains for £1.99 but Jon thought they were too big!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love home bargains! I always end up spending about £25 in there on stuff I don't need x

      Delete
  3. there are not enough book shelves in the world :-) Love the view from your kitchen window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love the look of your new home - and the fresh herbs!! We also have that storage unit from Ikea - bought two last week :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tea/coffee and sugar sets - probably because i love a good jar of some form! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is lovely, I really like all of the knick knacks!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a house full of bookshelves, you can get lost in all the stories! The little touches look lovely missus, I can't wait to visit :) ♥ Claire at Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture which Rai did for you - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your books and record collection, a record player is on my list of wants. Tip for the plants: it's good for them to sit on a tray and fill the tray with water, that way they soak the water up through their roots. Ours were on the verge of dying and this saved them. Hope that helps!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.