Post-Wedding Blues

By Gem - 12:47:00


This is a picture of a bride and groom outside the national museum wales





I've got a severe case of post-wedding and honeymoon blues.

This time two weeks ago I was heading to the hotel to get my hair and make up done and I was both anxious and excited. Now all all of those feelings have disappeared and I've been left feeling empty. What am I supposed to do now? What did I do before I spent a year pinning wedding hairstyles and labouring over table plans? 

I've spent the weekend packing away all the decorations and wedding supplies that I've been busily collecting for the past few months, sticking photos into albums and small items from the day are all going in a keepsake box. I guess that now that the best day of my life is over I need to start living the rest of my life. Yes, the wedding was amazing - I will never forget the tears in Martyn's eyes at the end of the aisle waiting for me and the feeling of contentment that comes with having all of your loved ones in the same room. But now I have a marriage to look forward to and I know this feeling of sadness will pass. 

There are lots of things I want to focus on now that the frivolity of the wedding is over. Our honeymoon in a camper van has given both of us the desire to travel more, aiming to live a more simplistic life and I'm hoping to start an exciting venture with my driven mother and creative brother. The wedding has taught me to seek out things that make me happy and to focus on those, it's time to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life with my husband (so weird calling Martyn my husband) and Coco. 


this is a photo of a memory or keepsake box



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Congratulations to you both! I enjoyed seeing some of your honeymoon photos. The best adventures are yet to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this feeling well. The day after our wedding I kept weeping - part joy, part sadness, part anxiety ("Did people have a good time?") and I continued feeling down for a couple of weeks. Getting the photos back made a huge difference, and I'm sure it will for you too. The few you've shared already look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see the full set, I've had some hardback photo books made of honey moon photos and the candid ones from the wedding which will arrive today eeek xx

      Delete
  3. The smiles in that first photo show pure joy! Beautiful to see. We have been married for 12 years now and the photos and memories still fill me with that same wonderful warm feeling I had on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your memory box. What a lovely keepsake. You looked so happy. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your dress is really beautiful, hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - the photos you shared and just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, you look absolutely amazing! I felt exactly the same after my wedding, I definitely had the blues too. The memory box is lovely btw xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You looked amazing, I am sure this phase will pass, your life together is just beginning! Kaz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You looked stunning, I really love your dress. It must be such a strange feeling once it is all over, it's great you're finding a new plan to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your dress is stunning. Don’t be blue, focus on your new adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH wow, you look so pretty on your dress and looks that you had an awesome day. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such stunning photos! Your dress is utterly stunning. I found taking up a new hobby after getting married helped with the gap - I got so use to crafting and planning throughout the prep for my wedding that taking up something new (photography and print making workshops were my thing) really helped.

    C x
    CurvyGirlThin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really fancy taking my dog to some puppy training classes and improving my photography skills. Good idea! x

      Delete
  13. Completely understand your feelings! You spend all that time laboring for that one day that when it's over your like "wait, what am I supposed to do with these bouquets and table signs and my dress?". But trust me, marriage is so much more beautiful than the wedding day! I'm so excited for you as you embark on this new adventure as husband & wife! <3

    What helped me get over the post-wedding blues was decorating my apartment with some of the wedding decorations! My bouquet fit perfectly on a little wooden table by a window, so each time I looked at it I was reminded about how amazing our day was.

    Currently, we're traveling all over and we don't have a home to decorate, so it's packed away somewhere. I'm looking forward to the day when we can settle down and I can pull out some of our wedding pieces for our home, though.

    // Samantha
    https://thebryantsblog.com/home/szalonnasutes-at-normafa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are beautiful! It's totally understandable to feel that way; planning a wedding is a huge undertaking and it's bound to leave a bit of a hole once it's over. It sounds like you have lots of exciting plans in the pipeline though (very jealous of the campervan!)

    Liz x
    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so gorgeous! And you are a handsome couple! I hope the best for you in your new beginnings. Your beau must be an awesome man.
    And your blues: It's normal to feel a bit of (or a lot of) emptiness after the big day but you seem to have it under control by focusing on all the things you can get to do now that you're married. The world is your oyster!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.