Maggies Dress Vintage

By Gem - 15:53:00

When the lovely Kelly from Maggies Dress invited me along to a vintage photo shoot I jumped at the chance.
A day out surrounded by lovely vintage clothes? yes please!
Kelly Weeks is from Abercarn, South Wales (really close to me) and runs Maggies Dress Vintage, which sells vintage clothes, accessories, homeware and jewellery.

The shoot took place in Newbridge Memo which is the perfect location for a vintage shoot, it's a beautiful building that opened in 1908 and you might have seen it on the BBC show Restoration.
I've got a few photos to share from the day I spend with everyone at the shoot, hope you enjoy them!

These are a few of my 'behind the scenes' shots. In the first picture you can see Tayce the stylist for the shoot helping Kirstie get ready. Nathan and Luke were in charge of photography and video on the day. Hopefully there will be video clips of the girls to put on the site a bit like ASOS so you can see how the clothes look and see the movement in the fabric. The girls did a fab job on the shoot because it was sooooo cold!


The photos above are my fave looks of the day.

I love the Norwegian wool cardigan that Hannah has on, you can't see the detail on the clasps in that photo but it really is a lovely garment and much better than all the high street copies out there at the moment.

Cath is wearing a great check dress, with a rope belt. This is one of my top picks because it is something I would definately wear and probably team it with my long blue cardigan, tights and broagues.

I love the blue shift dress that Marie is modelling and it has 'Mad Men' vibe about it. You can imagine Joan wearing it at Sterling-Cooper and then going out for cocktails in it after work.

My last pick is the floor length 70s dress that Cath is wearing because it's bang on trend at the moment and the 70s glamour/Studio 54 is going to be huge this season.

Kelly hand picks all the pieces for the site and focuses on finding really wearable pieces that you can easily incorporate in to your wardrobe. Also all the clothing on Maggies Dress Vintage are really affordable, much cheaper then Topshop and waaay cheaper than most vintage boutiques. There is free p&p in the UK and cheap rates to the rest of Europe and the US so Maggies Dress Vintage is definatly worth checking out.
I had a great day at the shoot so I would like to thank you to everyone on the Maggies Dress team :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Loving the vintage styling, looks like a fun day out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These photos are amazing. Looks like you had a perfect day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a lucky bean! :) I do love that cardigan on the last row, is it too Christmassy to still wear now? hmmm jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I'd love to be invited to something like that <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, I have just been browsing the Maggies Dress webby.... so many nice things that I can't buy :( I'll just have to wait until I'm back in the UK!

    I've never been to Newbridge, despite (normally) living in South Wales -tsk tsk me- but it looks so lovely, and so fitting for a vintage shoot - lucky you for an amazing day out :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, it was fun. Great to be surrounded by nice clothes all day.

    @Claire- I know what you mean, festive but it's still freezing out so I would give it a go or get it and keep it under my bed for next winter :)

    @Sarah- wish the cardi was my size!

    @Beth-Charlotte- not much worth visiting in my neck of the woods but the Memo really is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a ball! Did you get to try anything on? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sarah- I should have tried things on because Kelly had a few things in larger sizes but the building was sooooo cold I kept my coat on all day. I don't know how the girls manged to pose with dresses on without turning blue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great day, and great clothes. The blue shift dress is my favourite, such a lovely cut xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I was jusr wondering if you had any contact details for Kelly or the shop, as the website doesn't appear to exist any more. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.