Big Day Out in Cardiff

By Gem - 23:52:00

I'm so glam, this is me at the end of the day looking dishevelled and with no make up on and red shoes. Red shoes with pink is a big no no but I was in a rush to catch the bus so I didn't notice that I put these ones on and not my pinky/purple ones. Nevermind...

Dress: style369
Cardigan: asda
Belt and Shoes: New Look

Cardiff looked lovely in the sun today. This is the river Taff, on the one side is the Farmers Market on the other is the Millennium Stadium. (I used to work in one of the bars there when I was in uni)

The Riverside market is every Sunday at 10-2 and you can find out what types of produce is on sale here.
I bought some lovely falafel and some cupcakes for my mum and brother who were at home painting the living room whilst I was out enjoying myself.
I think the market is a great idea. It gives local producers a chance to sell affordable, fresh produce and helps to regenerate the area and build a sense of community. Some of the prices are also cheaper than the supermarkets and there is a lot less packaging and fuel used in the transportation of the good so it's a very cheap and ethical way to shop.




I popped into Wally's to get some American sweets for my brother, you can buy lots of neat things here like marshmallow fluff and Lucky Charms but they also have a great selection of spices, cheese and food from all over the world.

I popped into the great In Aid of Vintage fair in The Woodville pub today and there were loads of bargains and fantastic vintage pieces. It's great to see smaller vintage fairs doing well, some of the larger fairs charge £75 for a single space to sell and for small sellers that amount is a great risk. If you live near Cardiff I suggest you pop in to the next event (I'm sure I will pop the details up on here or twitter)

I got this brooch from the Rose Tinted Vintage girls and I love it, my coat is bright blue so the pink is a great contrast. It's really big and and a bit tacky but I love it. I got paid today so I went completely crazy in Primark and bought 3 bags, a dress and a cardi...oops! I didn't have enough time to fit in the museum today so I'm going to go tomorrow before I got to see All Darlin'.

Not a very relaxing Sunday but very enjoyable!
Hope you had a great weekend
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. You look great, I wish I looked as good at the end of a days work! The pink looks really good on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brooch is so cute, I really like the colors paired together, it's elegant. How is it tacky!?!?! :) I really like your outfit, and the shoe incident happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thomessa- it's plastic and really big, not subtle at all but I do love it.

    @Sarah- Thanks, a hard days shopping and walking really took it out of me. I usually laze around on my days off but I'm trying to get out there a bit more xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you look cute and I don't mind the pink and the red together. I really have to get up early one of these days to catch a farmers market, I'm never up in time, oppsies. Looks like a fun filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous brooch! Want! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brooch is beautiful :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The brooch is lovely, such a statement piece. Please share your Primark finds, I bought two skirts, a cardigan and two pairs of shoes the other day! I did resist though and didn’t purchase any bags or jewellery xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Alice- I'm going to a gig tonight and I will be wearing some things I bought so I will take a picture :)
    It's always the bags and jewellery that get me in Primark, I throw loads in my basket and don't realise I've gone a bit mad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh the red and pink doesn't look as bad as you think, and I'm loving your Style 369 dress :)

    Lush photos from Riverside Market, think I may have tried the falafel you were on about today at the Festival of Food in the Student's Union. Really tasty stuff and what lovely people. Also had some lush banana cake from Cafe Atma.... blog post to follow.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was at the Woodville too!! I didn't see you, or at least, I didn't recognise you!

    I did love that vintage-inspired jewellery, and thought they had some very reasonably priced bags, but found most of the clothes a bit late for my tastes (I like the '50s and earlier).

    Love the brooch, hope you wear it often.

    Miss P xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Porcelina- oh no! I didn't see you, I was only there for about half an hour though, just popped in for a browse. They did have lots of bags but mainly 70s/80s clothes like you said.

    We should organise a South Wales blogger meet up at a vintage fair one day

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great, I love that skirt! All of your posts about vintage fairs and markets make me want to live closer to you! I know of a few up here but none of my friends are ever free to go and they're always quite out of the way of my town so I always end up staying at home instead! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the brooch - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely! I love your skirt, the print on it is very pretty. I wish we had fairs like this around here! xoxo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i actually think the pink cardi and red shoes work well together! and loveee the skirt, i like market shopping foodwise, for fruit and veg etc, but its just a matter of time saving and convenience which sees me normally buying from supermarkets!

    also, definitely try making some macaroons! i would be massively impressed (im an awful cook myself) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love going to markets, always makes for such a lovely day out! Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Charlene- Cardiff is pretty good for vintage events at the moment. I have to make my friends go and nag them and get a train that takes ages but I don't get why they wouldn't want to go shopping and find bargains!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.