The Great British Bake Off

By Gem - 17:20:00

I was a huge fan of the first series of The Great British Bake Off and I'm not usually a fan of cookery competitions especially things like Masterchef but how I could I resist a show with so many sublime cakes, pastries and quiches? (and Sue Perkins)

If you want to take part in the second series there is still time to apply, for details visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/beonashow/great_british_bake_off.shtml

I am an avid reader of both of the series finalists blog's which you can find here- He-Eats and The Pink Whisk. Whilst reading The Pink Whisk blog I came across the recipe for Chocolate Pudding Teacups and I HAD to make them. Tea cups and cakes are my fave things so combining them was a great idea, thanks Ruth Clemens!

They came out soo well and I'm going to make them again for sure. Here are a few pictures to inspire you to make some.  You can find the recipe here. I sprinkled a little Icing sugar on mine because I didn't have any cream. I baked mine for 15 mins and they had some gooey chocolate in the middle but I would say 12 mins would probably give you the best result.
There is a book which accompanies the series and I borrowed it from the library I work in, well worth buying or borrowing a copy from your local library there are some fantastic, mouthwatering recipes in there.


Are you going to make chocolate pudding teacups? Have you baked anything nice recently?
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I know what you mean - that little girl on the Moomins was evil incarnate!
    The cake in a teacup looks so adorable - I'll have to do that some day :) I completely love cake.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gem this looks so lush! I've never made a cake in a cup before, but 15 minutes of baking and this is the result? Splendid :) jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, just 15 mins! also all you need is sugar, butter, flour, eggs and chocolate, no tricky method at all. Soooo easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this idea, the teacup is adorable and the cake looks so yummy too!
    I loved the first series, I'm glad to hear there's going to be a second :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god, how cute! i've never seen cake in a tea cup before :D such a cute tea cup too!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I definitely need to make these as a treat! I once made something similar in the microwave but I bet this is so much nicer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing! I loved watching that programme, I'm so happy they're making a second series!
    somehow-someday.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the pleasure of trying one of Gemma's chocolate pudding teacups and they were delicious :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ash!
    The new series wont be on for a while though, entrants can apply until may :( I could never go on, it looked so stressful!
    Trust me, easiest thing I've ever made you should all give it a go
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look amazing! Love the teacup too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my! makes me hungry!

    xx
    Alexandra

    www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want the teacups AND the chocolate pudding. Thanks for sharing! :) And thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you found me via Ariana's blog. She's amazing! Glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw man this looks amazing! and served in a teacup is a great touch :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Vicki, I thought the tea cups would crack in the oven but they were fine, phew :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pudding cups look amazing! I've just sent an email off about the Great British Bake Off, I'd love to be on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! let me know if you are on it and I can support you x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just discovered your blog and it is cute as a BUTTON! All my fave things in one place, so happy to have you brightening up my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy cow, that looks delicious! And baking it in a teacup is fantastically adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow that looks so good and so adorable in the teacup. Love teacups, especially that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.