Dorset Holiday - Lulworth Cove

By Gem - 17:57:00

I must apologise because this will be the first of many posts about my holiday. Dorset is such a beautiful area, I ended up taking hundreds of photos of the beautiful beaches and attractions I visited and wanted to share lots with you so will be splitting my holiday into a few posts.
The first night we arrived at the barn we just relaxed, had some nice food and watched a DVD as we were both tired after a busy week in work. We stayed at the barn at the end of last year (post here) and loved it so much that we headed back for a longer trip.

I spent Saturday morning with the lovely Rosie and her fiancée Tom in the historical town of Dorchester and I scoffed a huge slice of chocolate cake. After getting loads of tourist tips from Tom, Martyn and I headed off to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door and wandered around in the sunshine taking in the wonderful sights.

DSC_0395


DSC_0403

Note how I'm bad at taking photos and Martyn takes nice ones of me even though it was so bright. Ooops.... Really need to learn how to use my camera.

DSC_0407

Durdle door is a natural limestone arch on the Jurassic Coast and was only about 5 miles away from the barn and Brisport. If you are ever in the area I urge you to visit. It's such a lovely place to walk and sit and watch the sea rolling in.

DSC_0414

DSC_0417

DSC_0429

You can never have enough cake when you're on holiday so after a day out we headed back to the barn for some scones with generous helpings of clotted cream. Yum!

DSC_0548

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Looks beautiful and topped off with cake? Yum, can't go wrong xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I went there once! I was amazed how beautiful it was, we then went to another beach, it seriously looked like a Greek island - the difference was the water was soooooo cold!!! lol Still went in, just for the sake of it! I didn't know it was Dorset! The village is also very beautiful and so picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful scenery. It all looks so relaxing too. It's amazing what wonderful places we have hidden in the UK that so many of us don't know about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I don't go abroad as much as I used to and much prefer exploring the UK now. A trip to Scotland or North Wales is next on my list.

      Delete
  4. amazing landscape! love most the first pic - it is amazing!!

    latesttrendfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks amazing, I am going to have to plan more weekends away I think!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such an amazing place! Also great photos :)

    Giveaway <3 SHE WALKS Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photographs! Dorset looks so beautiful, I definitely need to plan a trip here soon!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.